Christopher Thomas Henchy|
March 23, 1964
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of New Mexico|
Brooke Shields (m. 2001)
Christopher Thomas Henchy (born March 23, 1964) is an American screenwriter and producer. He is best known for being a creative collaborator with Will Ferrell, including co-creating the website Funny or Die and writing several Ferrell films, including Land of the Lost, The Other Guys and The Campaign.
Henchy was born in New York City, to Patricia Henchy. He was raised in Augusta, Georgia and attended Saint Mary on the Hill Catholic School. He graduated from Friendswood High School in 1982, where he was active in journalism and was a member of the yearbook staff. He attended the University of New Mexico, where he received a B.S. degree in finance and was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon chapter.
After graduation, Henchy moved to New York City and worked on Wall Street. He later left his job and decided to work in comedy. He was hired by MTV and later wrote monologue jokes for Garry Shandling's The Larry Sanders Show.
Henchy went on to write for Campus Cops in 1996. After writing for a few television specials and some guest-writing stints on series, Henchy created and produced television series Battery Park in 2000, which starred Elizabeth Perkins.
Henchy was a writer and producer for television sitcoms Spin City and Life With Bonnie. He created the sitcom I'm with Her with Marco Pennette, which was loosely based on Henchy's relationship with wife Brooke Shields. The show was cancelled by ABC after one season. Henchy later became the co-executive producer of Entourage and a producer on HBO's Eastbound & Down. He, along with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, created the website Funny or Die. Henchy produced The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard. He is credited as a writer of the 2009 film Land of the Lost, The Other Guys and The Campaign which he also co-produced. In March 2018 it was announced that Henchy will direct a feature-length movie for the Impractical Jokers television series. The film will be produced by Funny or Die. The film is set to go into production in Spring 2018. 
Henchy met actress, author and model Brooke Shields in 1999 on the Warner Bros lot. They became engaged in July 2000 while on vacation in Mexico and married on April 4, 2001. They have two daughters:
- Rowan Frances (born May 15, 2003, in New York City)
- Grier Hammond (born April 18, 2006, in Los Angeles)
- Labrecque, Jeff (December 13, 2010). "'The Other Guys' mothers take over in special Mom-entary". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Tresniowski, Alex (April 23, 2001). "She Did What?". People. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "ON SCREEN/OFF SCREEN". Augusta Magazine. November 2014. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Pop Rocks". The Augusta Chronicle. August 13, 2009. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "Henchy comes home from Hollywood as distinguished alum". The Journal Friendswood. January 18, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- "News: Producer and 1982 Grad Chris Henchy chosen as Distinguished Alum". Friendswood ISD. January 14, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Kiesewetter, John (September 7, 2003). "'I'm With Her' writer really is". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Pierce, Scott D. (September 19, 2003). "Scott Pierce: Brooke's husband says 'I'm With Her'". Deseret News. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- Armstrong, Jennifer (September 12, 2003). "I'm With Her". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
-  Archived September 10, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Greg Sandoval (May 4, 2007). "No joke: Will Ferrell is serious about the Web". CNET News. Retrieved October 6, 2009.
- "Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay". Vanity Fair. October 2012. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
- Thurman, Judith (2012). "AN EXCLUSIVE LOOK AT BROOKE SHIELDS'S MANHATTAN HOME". Architectural Digest. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "End corruption. Defend the Republic. - Represent.Us". End corruption. Defend the Republic. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|