|Full name||Christopher James Ikonomidis|
|Date of birth||4 May 1995|
|Place of birth||Cronulla, Sydney, Australia|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder / Winger|
|2005–2009||Mornington Soccer Club|
|2016||→ Salernitana (loan)||14||(1)|
|2016–2017||→ AGF (loan)||18||(1)|
|2017–2018||→ Western Sydney Wanderers (loan)||10||(3)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 May 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 January 2019
Christopher James "Chris" Ikonomidis (// ih-KON-ə-MEED-iss; born 4 May 1995) is an Australian professional footballer who plays as an attacking midfielder or as a winger for Perth Glory and the Australia national team.
Ikonomidis came from a family who had always played football, started playing himself when he was four years old in Sydney at local team Cronulla RSL. He played youth football for NPL NSW side Sutherland Sharks. In 2010, he was part of the team that won the Oceania zone of the Manchester United Premier Cup, qualifying for the finals in England. His performance in England, including four goals in a 7–0 defeat of a Wigan Athletic youth side.
In 2013, after 18 months at Atalanta, Ikonomidis was offered a three-year youth contract by Lazio. After strong performances with Lazio's Primavera squad, Ikonomidis made his senior debut for Lazio on 10 December 2015 starting in the final Group Stage match of the 2015–16 UEFA Europa League against AS Saint-Étienne. Ikonomidis signed a new contract on 5 June 2015.
Loan to Salernitana
For the second half of the 2015–16 season, Lazio loaned Ikonomidis to Salernitana from the Serie B. He made his Serie B debut for Salernitana on 22 January 2016, playing the full match at home to Brescia, where his cross led to a Brescia own goal.
Loan to AGF
On 31 August 2016, Ikonomidis joined AGF in the Danish Superliga on a season-long loan in a bid for regular game time. He made his debut on 12 September 2016, coming on as a 66th minute substitute in a 3–1 victory over Nordsjælland. He had a good season at AGF, but AGF announced, that Ikonomidis was one out of five players, that wouldn't continue at the club for the 2017/18 season.
Loan to Western Sydney Wanderers
Ikonomidis is of Greek heritage and is eligible for senior call-ups to both the Australia national team and Greek national team. He turned down Greece in favour of Australia, being quoted in 2013 saying "I was approached by the Greek federation 12 months ago, but I said no. I am 100 per cent playing for Australia if given the chance".
In 2013, he was called up by Paul Okon to the Australian U20's for the COTIF Tournament in Valencia, and again in the 2014 AFC U-19 Championship, where he played one game against the UAE. He was also called up to the Olyroos for the 2013 AFC U-22 Championship in Oman (which was actually held in 2014), where he played against Kuwait and Japan.
On 11 March 2015, Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou named Ikonomidis in the senior squad for friendlies against reigning World Champion Germany and Macedonia to be held that month. He was substituted on replacing Nathan Burns in the game against Macedonia in Skopje on 30 March to earn his first senior Socceroos cap. His competitive debut for the Socceroos came on 3 September 2015 during 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification, when he was substituted on in the 61st minute during Australia's 5–0 win over Bangladesh at Perth Oval.
- As of 4 January 2019
|Salernitana (loan)||2015–16||Serie B||14||1||0||0||0||0||14||1|
|AGF (loan)||2016–17||Danish Superliga||16||1||2||1||0||0||18||2|
|Western Sydney Wanderers (loan)||2017–18||A-League||10||3||0||0||0||0||10||3|
- Statistics accurate as of match played 25 January 2019.
- As of match played 15 January 2019. Australia score listed first, score column indicates score after each Ikonomidis goal.
|1||30 December 2018||Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum Stadium, Dubai, United Arab Emirates||7||Oman||2–0||5–0||Friendly|
|2||15 January 2019||Khalifa bin Zayed Stadium, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates||10||Syria||2–1||3–2||2019 AFC Asian Cup|
- "Chris Ikonomidis". socceroos.com.au. Football Federation Australia. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "Lazio's Socceroo loaned out to Serie B club". socceroos.com.au. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- Socceroos squad to face Germany FourFourTwo
- Interview: Chris Ikonomidis Talks to Young Roos Young Roos
- Sutherland Sharks ready for Manchester United Premier Cup in England Football NSW
- Unknown teenager Chris Ikonomidis on verge of breakthrough in Italy The Australian 03/08/2013
- #Starting11 Berisha; Basta, Mauricio, Hoedt, Konko; FAnderson, Cataldi, Parolo, Oikonomidis; Matri, Djordjevic. S.S. Lazio Official Twitter, 9 December 2015
- "Rinnovo Oikonomidis" (in Italian). S.S. Lazio. 5 June 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Grosso, Roberto (10 January 2016). "Oikonomidis Loaned to Salernitana". Italian Football Daily.
- "Comunicato 31.08.2016" (in Italian). S.S. Lazio. 31 August 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- Huguenin, Michael (1 September 2016). "Socceroos winger Ikonomidis joins AGF on loan". Goal.com.
- Somerford, Ben (15 September 2016). "Ikonomidis bullish on Danish impact". FourFourTwo.
- AGF siger farvel til fem spillere‚ bold.dk, 31 May 2017
- Rugari, Vince (31 January 2018). "Western Sydney Wanderers sign Socceroo Chris Ikonomidis for rest of the A-League season". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Wanderers confirm player departures". Western Sydney Wanderers. 30 June 2018.
- "Official: Ikonomidis leaves Lazio". Football Italia. 11 September 2018.
- Australia v UAE AFC Match Report
- Australia v Kuwait AFC Match Report
- Australia v Japan AFC Match Report
- Socceroos Stalemate in Skopje The World Game, SBS, 31 March 2015
- Australia v Bangladesh AFC Match Report
- Olyroos squad: Aurelio Vidmar confirms squad for AFC Under 23s Championship Tom Smithies, Fox Sports, 23 December 2015
- "Socceroos thrash Oman 5-0 in Asian Cup warm-up in Dubai". ABC News. 31 December 2018. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- "C. Ikonomidis". Soccerway. Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Chris Ikonomidis at Soccerway
- Chris Ikonomidis at Soccerway