Chris Jarvis (presenter)
Martin Christopher Jarvis|
20 April 1970
Romford, London, England
Martin Christopher Jarvis (born 20 April 1970 in Romford, London) is an English actor and presenter who has appeared on BBC television since 1992, apart from 2000–2002 when he was working with ITV and Channel 4.
Chris Jarvis started his entertainment career as a presenter on Radio Orwell in Ipswich hosting a Saturday morning children's show. He also performed in cabaret and at Butlins.
He made his name in the early 1990s on Children's BBC, presenting from the "Broom Cupboard" alongside Zoë Ball and Josie d'Arby  as well as hosting his own shows like Look Sharp. Chris wrote a lot of material for Children's BBC himself (including the mini soap opera Wood Lane TV) and created several memorable characters including "The Anorak". In 1997, Chris was part of The Friday Zone  (which was broadcast on Friday afternoons on BBC One for most of the children's slot) with Debra Stephenson, Peter Simon, Dominic Wood, Steve Rock and Emma Lee. They released a single called "Glasses" as a spin-off from the programme, to raise money for Comic Relief.
Jarvis was one of the original line up of CBeebies presenters, alongside Pui Fan Lee, Sidney Sloane and Sue Monroe everyday. From March 2007 until his departure on 26th January 2009 he presented alongside Lee from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm with Discover and Do, then the Bedtime Hour from 6:00 pm and again on BBC Two in the mornings. He starred in Step Inside as Mr Mopple the storyteller before going on to write and star in Show Me Show Me.
Show Me Show Me, which he co-presents with Pui Fan Lee, is broadcast on CBeebies. The first 40 half-hour episodes were broadcast on the CBeebies channel, BBC One and BBC Two from Monday 6 July 2009 every weekday at 10:00 am and 1:30 pm. Series 5 was filmed on location near Manchester in 2013.
Since 2010, Chris and Pui have toured the UK with The Chris and Pui Roadshow.
He has been seen playing piano, guitar, glockenspiel and bell-ringing on Show Me Show Me.
Jarvis has appeared in pantomimes professionally every year since 1995, and prior to that had performed in several as an amateur. Since 2001, he has written and directed many of these pantomimes as well.
- 1995 'Aladdin' Guildford – Bernie Nolan, Clare Buckfield, Jack Douglas, Richard Gibson,
- 1996 'Aladdin' Richmond – Bonnie Langford, Bernard Cribbins, Terrence Hardiman
- 1997 'Jack & the Beanstalk' Bromley – Matthew Kelly, Vicki Michelle, Toyah Willcox, Robert Duncan,
- 1998 'Cinderella' Lewisham – Linda Robson, Femi Oke
- 1999 'Peter Pan' Reading – Derek Griffiths, Hilary O'Neil
- 2000 'Jack & the Beanstalk' Croydon – Kate Ritchie,
- 2001 'Cinderella' Malvern – Marti Webb, Nicholas Smith
- 2002 'Cinderella' Bournemouth – Ruth Madoc, Nicholas Smith
- 2003 'Cinderella' Basingstoke – Sarah Thomas, Michael Knowles
- 2004 'Jack & the Beanstalk' Bournemouth – Chris Ellison, Tom Owen, Jackie Piper
- 2005 'Aladdin' Bournemouth – Ray Meagher, Mark Squires
- 2006 'Snow White' Tunbridge Wells – Carol Harrison, Richard Calkin
- 2007 'Snow White' Basingstoke – Carol Harrison, Tom Owen
- 2008 'Cinderella' Swansea – Su Pollard, Sarah Thomas 
- 2009 'Snow White' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Su Pollard 
- 2010 'Cinderella' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Amanda Barrie.
- 2011 'Jack & the Beanstalk' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Debra Stephenson, Brian Capron, Nick Wilton & Kate Weston 
- 2012 'Sleeping Beauty' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Su Pollard.
- 2013 'Aladdin' at the Pavilion Theatre, Bournemouth with Scott Maslen, Bobby Crush, Nicholas Khan, Jennifer Saayeng, Richard Vincent, Jamie-Lee Mason
- 2014 'Snow White' Richmond Theatre – Jerry Hall
- 2015 'Cinderella' Richmond Theatre
- 2016 'Sleeping Beauty' Richmond Theatre
- 2017 'Jack and the Beanstalk' Wycombe Swan Theatre
Jarvis has been involved with several televised pantomimes on CBeebies, including 2012 Jack and the beanstalk which he wrote and starred as the dame .2011's Strictly Cinderella (which he co-wrote, and acted as Baron Hardup), 2010's Aladdin (in which he plays Emperor Sho Mee)  and 2009's Jack & Jill (which he wrote and appeared in a cameo).
He is 5'9" tall.
|The Broom Cupboard||1993–1997||Himself (presenter)|
|Wood Lane TV||1995–1997||Actor / Writer|
|Look Sharp||1994–1995 (2 series)||Presenter|
|Playdays||1995–1997 (2 series)||Presenter|
|Fully Booked||1998–2000 (2 series)||Presenter|
|To Me, To You!||1996, 1998||Himself|
|The Friday Zone||1997||Himself (presenter)||CBBC|
|The Demon Headmaster Takes Over TV||1997||Himself||TV film, played a fictionalised version of himself|
|The Demon Headmaster||1998||Your Wildest Dreams host|
|Mr Wymi||1998||Hacker tracker|
|ChuckleVision Comic Relief Special||1999||Music Mogul|
|Dream Street||1999–2002||Hot Rodney, Amber & Scarlet|
|Jungle Run||2001–2002||Himself (presenter)|
|Step Inside||2001–2002||Mr Mopple|
|CBeebies||2002–2009||Presenter||Presented links between programmes|
|Maths Mansion||2001-2003||Sad Man/Bad Man|
|Planet Cook||2004 (TBC)|
|Underground Ernie||2006–2009||Circle & City||Voice role|
|Show Me Show Me||2009 – Present||Himself (presenter)|
- "BBC - Archive - The CBBC Broom Cupboard - In the Broom Cupboard". www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Look Sharp - UKGameshows". www.ukgameshows.com.
- "DS Icon: Chris Jarvis". 29 January 2010.
- spacepootv (19 February 2009). "CBBC Comic Relief '97 - Chris Jarvis - Glasses" – via YouTube.
- Saturday Mornings – Summer Replacements Archived 4 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Chris Jarvis". IMDb.
- "reasons to love cbeebies (part one)".
- "BBC - CBeebies - Page not found".
- "Chris Jarvis and Pui Fan Lee". www.chrisandpui.com.
- "BBC Orchestras and Choirs". BBC Music Events.
- "BBC - Press Office - Aladdin: Chris Jarvis plays Emperor Show Mee". www.bbc.co.uk.
- sarahjaynecooper (24 December 2008). "Cinderella 08/09 - Swansea Grand Theatre" – via YouTube.
- Bournemouth Echo – Su Pollard and Chris Jarvis launch Bournemouth panto Tuesday 6 October 2009
- Bournemouth International Centre – Jack and the Beanstalk Archived 3 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Strictly Cinderella, CBeebies Christmas Panto - BBC - CBeebies". BBC.
- Hodgkinson, Will; Skegg, Martin; Nicholson, Rebecca (17 December 2009). "CBeebies Christmas Pantomime - In the Spirit of Diaghilev - Heston's Christmas Feast - Comedy Showcase: Girl Friday - Watch this" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "BBC - Press Office - Network TV Programme Information BBC Week 50 The CBeebies Christmas Pantomime Feature".
- Jarvis, Chris. "@jemjemz I'm originally from Essex. Grew up in Billericay and Brentwood. I shall pass on your compliment to Pui Fan - thank you".
- Jarvis, Chris. "@SarahLLockley Pui has a fantastic son already - a born entertainer if ever I met one :) (proud Godfather)".
- Jarvis, Chris. "People always expect me to be about 6 ft 6 because of the height difference. I'm actually 5'9".