Chris Johnson (footballer, born 1986)
|Full name||Chris A. Johnson|
|Date of birth||25 January 1986|
|Original team(s)||East Fremantle Sharks|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2010.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Chris Johnson (born 25 January 1986) is an Australian rules footballer in the Australian Football League (AFL). The son of Melbourne Demons star Alan Johnson, Johnson was recruited by the Demons under the father-son rule. Johnson, a running defender, was recruited from East Fremantle, at with the 36th selection in the 2003 AFL National Draft. He spent his entire first season in the Victorian Football League (VFL) before making his AFL debut in 2005.
Johnson was delisted by the Melbourne Football Club on 31 October 2008 after not agreeing to terms on a new contract and continued his career with the Carlton Football Club, having been selected by the club with its first selection (fourth overall) in the 2009 Pre-season Draft.
He made his debut for Carlton in Round 1, 2009 against Richmond. He went on to play 10 games that year, limited by injuries. 2010 saw him manage only five games, again affected by injury but he failed to establish himself as a regular for Carlton, despite hopes that his kicking skills out of defence would benefit the side. He was delisted by Carlton at the conclusion of the 2010 season. In 2011, he signed with Greenvale in the EDFL, where he is playing as of 2013.
Johnson is pursuing a career in stockbroking.
- Delisted Demon eyes Blues Archived 30 October 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Epstein, Jackie (28 December 2008). "Carlton recruit Chris Johnson leave Melbourne Demons with bad memories". Sunday Herald Sun.
- Holmesby, Luke (20 October 2010). "Carlton axes Fisher, six more". AFL BigPond Network. Archived from the original on 22 October 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- Greenvale Football Club, Senior Football News Archived 15 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine., "New Senior Recruits], Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- Cleo Bachelor of the Year profile
- Chris Johnson's playing statistics from AFL Tables
- Blueseum Profile of Chris Johnson
- Demon Wiki profile
- Interview following his delisting, October 2010
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|