Chris Jones (singer)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Christopher Anthony Jones (born 20 April 1985) is a British singer-songwriter renowned for featuring the vocals and lyrics on "Going Wrong" (2008), written and produced by Dutch trance/progressive DJ and producer Armin van Buuren plus German trance DJ and producer Roger Shah.[unreliable source?] This track was present in the Dutch charts for nine successive weeks and has been viewed more than 19,000,000 times on YouTube.
Jones has a love and passion for music that has developed from childhood, songwriting, singing and performing from a young age. When he was about 13/14, he started acting in plays at school. This culminated in an appearance in British Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks. Jones appeared in one episode as a young bully called Toadface. Coming from a rock background, Jones decided upon acoustic rock as his platform, and began working with a number of talented and well respected producers. Through these projects, Jones started to develop his writing skills, began creating songs, and matured quickly as a solo artist.
When he was 17, he formed a band with school friends. They started playing in their bedrooms or any other spaces they could find. After six months or so they thought they were ready for their first gig. In the meantime, Jones was coached by Stevie Lange.[not in citation given][unreliable source?] They gradually got better and got booked all over the UK. But as with most things situations and circumstances change and they called it a day in 2006.
Roger Shah put Jones into dance music. He contacted him on MySpace because he was intrigued by his voice, and after a few conversations back and forth, the foundations of the hit "Going Wrong"[not in citation given] was born. Jones had always been into rock but since he has been working with Armin and Roger, He has learned to love the trance scene. After the track was finished, "Going Wrong" was scheduled to be released on Rogers' Songbook, yet this was just the beginning of their new friendship and working relationship.
This also began the "Imagine" tour for Jones, as he travelled the world with Armin and continued to perform live in Melbourne, Sydney, Romania, Poland, Belgium and the Americas.
 After months on the "Imagine" world tour, Jones and the guitarist Eller van Buuren (brother of Armin) found a shared passion and winning connection for songwriting and performing. They formed the rock band, Neverlanded, whose debut EP called On Air was released on 1 October 2012. Their track "Bottle for a Friend" was entered in September 2012 for the Marshall Ultimate Band Contest competition.
"To The Sky" with Roger Shah, on Armada Music
"Become One" with Ali Wilson, on in Charge Records
"Summer Days" and "Obsession" with Roger Shah, in the "openminded!?" album, on Armada Music
"Starting Right Now" with Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren, on S107 Recordings (Armada Music)
"Memory of a Dream" with Tenishia, on Armada Music
"Vital Signs" with Roy Malakian, on in Trance We Trust (the Eller van Buuren's acoustic version of this song is at the top of the music charts of radioone.fm)
"When You Are Gone" with Arjonas and Morttagua, on Tiger Records
"Reason" with Chris Schweizer, on Soundpiercing (Armada Music)
"Scream" feat. Kairo Kingdom on Big Fish Recordings
"Running Out of Time" with Aly & Fila on FSOE (Future Sound of Egypt)
"Share This Night" with Sied van Riel on Black Hole Recordings
"So Lonely" with DJ Feel & Vadim Spark on Amsterdam Trance Records
"Young Again" with Hardwell on Revealed Recordings
"Make it Ours" with Ferry Corsten on Flashover Recordings
"Rising Sun" with Manse on Revealed Recordings
- 2012: Neverlanded's debut EP On Air
- "Identity". discogs.com. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "Armin van Buuren & DJ Shah feat. Chris Jones – Going Wrong". GFK Dutch Charts. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- Armadamusic (9 April 2008). "Armin van Buuren & DJ Shah Feat. Chris Jones – Going Wrong (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Behind the Voice: Chris Jones". Armada Music. 17 August 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2012.
- "::: Stevie Vann Lange :::". Stevielange.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "CHRIS JONES – Official Global DJ Rankings". Dj-rankings.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "iTunes – Musique – Going Wrong (feat. Chris Jones) – EP par Armin van Buuren & DJ Shah". Itunes.apple.com. 25 December 1976. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Armin van Buuren ARMIN ONLY 2008 Going Wrong". YouTube. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "N_EV/ER L"AND[-D – Chris Jones – Eller van Buuren". Neverlanded.com. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Eller van Buuren". Eller van Buuren. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "iTunes – Music – On Air by Neverlanded". Itunes.apple.com. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Marshall Ultimate Band Contest". Marshall.licklibrary.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Magic Island". Roger Shah. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Chris Jones". Beatport. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Music Charts – Radio One Lebanon". Radioone.fm. Retrieved 5 April 2013.