Chris Kerr (referee)
|Full name||Christopher Simon Kerr|
2 September 1976 |
|Other occupation||IT Supervisor|
Chris Kerr (born 2 September 1976) is a former FIFA referee, from Auckland, New Zealand. He officiates in the ASB Premiership, the national football competition of New Zealand, and is also a former OFC Champions League referee in the Oceania Football Confederation. His occupation is as an IT Supervisor.
Kerr first took up refereeing in 1991 at the age of 14 in his home town of New Plymouth. In 2006 he became a referee on the ASB Premiership. In 2009 he officiated his first OFC Champions League match between Marist FC (Solomon Islands) and Lautoka F.C. (Fiji) in Honiara. Since then, he has refereed further OFC Champions League games and was a match official at the South Pacific Games in 2011 refereeing his first international. In 2012 he was promoted to the FIFA list as a referee and nominated for New Zealand Footballs' Referee of the year. 
Kerr was appointed as a match official at OFC Nations Cup, which served as round 2 of qualification for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil for the OFC region. He officiated the match between Tahiti and New Caledonia.
Kerr came off the FIFA referee list at the start of 2013 due to being unavailable 
In 2014, Kerr was the referee for the Chatham Cup Final at North Harbour Stadium between Central United and Cashmere Technical 
- ASB Premiership Referee Page biography and birthdate.
- Interview with Auckland Football Federation Part 1 interview
- Interview with Auckland Football Federation Part 2 interview
- OFC match record
- Worldreferee.com bio
- New honours headline NZF awards evening media release
- Officials confirmed for OFC Nations Cup article
- FIFA. "Match Report - Tahiti - New Caledonia 4:3 (3:0)". 3 June 2012. Retrieved on 1 June 2013.
- New Zealand Football has 3 new FIFA officials media release
- 2014 Chatham Cup Final Preview media release
|This biographical article related to New Zealand association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|