Chris Lemmon at the 1990 Academy Awards
|Born||Christopher Boyd Lemmon
June 22, 1954
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Gina Raymond (1988–present)|
Christopher Boyd "Chris" Lemmon (born June 22, 1954) is an American actor and author.
Early life and education
Lemmon was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of actress Cynthia Stone and actor Jack Lemmon. Lemmon attended the Verde Valley School in Sedona, Arizona. With a talent for music, he was encouraged by his father to study piano. Lemmon considered playing piano professionally after having graduated from the California Institute of the Arts, with degrees in classical piano and composition, and in theater.
He appeared as an actor in numerous stage productions, including the west-coast tour of Barefoot in the Park, directed by Jerry Paris, the original West coast production of Shay by Anne Commire, and A. R. Gurney's Love Letters with Stephanie Zimbalist. He portrayed Richard Phillips in two situation comedies, Duet (1987) and Open House (1989), and also co-starred as Martin "Bru" Brubaker in the TV series Thunder in Paradise, which featured American professional wrestler Hulk Hogan. Lemmon is also a screenwriter and producer. In 2006, Algonquin Books published Lemmon's tribute to his father, entitled A Twist of Lemmon, which was re-released in 2008 as a paperback by Applause Theatre and Cinema Books.
In 2015, Lemmon adapted his 2006 tribute to his father, A Twist of Lemmon, to the stage. The show, which Lemmon has performed all around the United States, follows the relationship between Lemmon and his father as seen through his father's eyes.
Lemmon is married to actress Gina Raymond and they reside in Connecticut. They have three children.
- Airport '77 (1977)
- Just Tell Me You Love Me (1980)
- The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood (1980)
- Seems Like Old Times (1980)
- Just Before Dawn (1981)
- Swing Shift (1984)
- Cannonball Run II (1984)
- That's Life! (1986)
- Weekend Warriors (1986)
- Hollywood Air Force (1987)
- Yellow Pages (1988)
- Going Undercover (1988)
- Dad (1989)
- Corporate Affairs (1990)
- Lena's Holiday (1991)
- Firehead (1991)
- Thunder in Paradise (1993)
- Thunder in Paradise II (1994)
- Thunder in Paradise III (1995)
- Wishmaster (1997)
- Best of the Best 4: Without Warning (1998)
- Land of the Free (1999)
- Just the Ticket (1999)
- Brothers and Sisters (1979)
- Mirror, Mirror (1979)
- CHiPs (1981)
- Too Close for Comfort (1981)
- 9 to 5 (1983)
- Fantasy (1982)
- Uncommon Valor (1983)
- The Outlaws (1984)
- Duet (1987)
- Open House (1989)
- Knots Landing (1990)
- The Match Game (1990)
- The Joint Is Jumpin' (1993)
- Basic Values: Sex, Shock & Censorship in the 90's (1993)
- The Pretender (1998)
- Magic Time: A Tribute to Jack Lemmon (2002)
- The Hollywood Greats (Jack Lemmon) (2006)
- 50 Films to See Before You Die (2006)
- Interview with Chris Lemmon
- "Famous Name Helps Actress's Career". https://news.google.com. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help); External link in
- Chris Lemmon's speaker bio Archived April 15, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Jack Lemmon's son bringing legendary actor's story to The Sharon". Villages-News.com. Retrieved 2015-09-28.