Chris Matheson (screenwriter)
Christopher David Matheson
December 11, 1960
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
|Relatives||Richard Christian Matheson (brother)|
Ali Marie Matheson (sister)
Christopher David Matheson (born December 11, 1960) is an American film director and screenwriter. Matheson is best known for his collaborations with fellow screenwriter Ed Solomon, together creating the Bill & Ted franchise, writing the three films Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, and Bill & Ted Face the Music. Together they also wrote the films Mom and Dad Save the World and Imagine That.
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989) (with Ed Solomon)
- Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991) (with Ed Solomon)
- Mom and Dad Save the World (1992) (with Ed Solomon)
- Mike the Detective (1993) (short film) (also director)
- A Goofy Movie (1995) (screenplay, with Jymm Magon and Brian Pimental)
- Mr. Wrong (1996) (with Kerry Ehrin and Craig Munson)
- Stepsister from Planet Weird (2000) (TV film) (teleplay)
- The Wise Ones (2001) (also director)
- Evil Alien Conquerors (screenplay/story, also director)
- Monkeys (2007) (also director)
- Imagine That (2009) (with Ed Solomon)
- Rapture-Palooza (2013) (also executive producer)
- Bill & Ted Face the Music (2020) (with Ed Solomon)
- "Chris Matheson". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 2012-09-22.
- Eddy, Cheryl (August 26, 2020). "Bill & Ted Co-Writer Chris Matheson on the Evolution of Those Excellent Dudes". i09. Retrieved August 27, 2020.
- "Chris Matheson". Goodreads.
- "Chris Matheson". Nwfilm.org.[dead link]