|Date of birth||May 9, 1981|
|Place of birth||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|1999–2002||Colorado Christian Cougars|
|2009||Puerto Rico Islanders||1||(0)|
|2009||→ Charleston Battery (loan)||2||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of June 16, 2010.
Youth and college
McClellan played college soccer at Colorado Christian University where he still holds the single season records for most saves (145 in 2002) and goals against average (1.44 in 1999) as well as the career records for saves (486), goals against average (1.60), and shutouts (14). In 2008, McClellan was inducted into the Colorado Christian University Hall of Fame. In addition to the Hall of Fame nomination, McClellan was also named in 2009 to the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference All-Century Men's Soccer team
In 2003, McClellan signed with the Charlotte Eagles of the USL Second Division. In 2005, he backstopped the Eagles to the USL-2 title after taking over starting goalkeeper duties when Trevor Upton was injured. In August 2005, USL named McClellan its USL-2 Goalkeeper of the Year. On April 5, 2007, the Carolina RailHawks announced they had signed McClellan.
Initially expected to be a backup keeper, McClellen impressed the coaching staff and became the starting goalkeeper. He held the RailHawks starting position for two seasons, but left the team following the 2008 season to sign with the Puerto Rico Islanders of USL-1. In July 2009, McClelland moved to the Wilmington Hammerheads of the USL Second Division. After the USL-2 season concluded, he finished the regular season and playoff with USL-1 sided Charleston Battery, playing in 3 games total.
McClellan played the amateur team CASL Elite in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2010; his team won their regional qualification group (which also featured NPSL teams FC Tulsa and Atlanta FC) before falling 4-2 to USL Second Division pro side Charleston Battery in the first round of tournament proper.
- "Colorado Christian University Men's Soccer Records". Archived from the original on 2007-02-19. Retrieved 2007-04-17.
- April 11, 2005 USL Press Release Archived June 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- August 24, 2005 USL Press Release Archived November 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- April 5, 2007 USL Press Release Archived June 10, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Islanders signs Mediate and McClellan. Noël returns for 2009
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-13. Retrieved 2010-07-17.