A 6'5", 205 lb guard, he attended and played basketball collegiately at the University of Maryland, but dismissed from the team after he was found academically ineligible. He was not selected in the 2006 NBA Draft, but signed a free agent contract with the Milwaukee Bucks in September 2006, making the team's 15-player roster.
In August 2005 McCray was involved in a street fight on campus at the University of Maryland, College Park, and he was jailed a night for refusing to leave the scene and resisting arrest. Charges of disturbing the public peace, resisting arrest and escaping from custody were later dropped.
Chris now plays basketball overseas and works part-time as a basketball trainer for a company called Beltway Trainer.
- Ex-Terp McCray Catches On With Bucks
- McCray facing three charges after fight - Men's College Basketball - ESPN
- Terps' McCray Arrested After Street Fight, Eric Prisbell, The Washington Post, 30 August 2005 retrieved 8 January 2007
- Charges Against McCray Dropped, Eric Prisbell, The Washington Post, 19 October 2005 retrieved 8 January 2007
- French League profile
- D-League statistics
- Chris McCray player profile @ NBA.com
- McCray in search of redemption by Jon Siegel, The Washington Times, May 26, 2006
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball figure born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|