Neild at Redskins training camp in 2011
|Born:||December 1, 1987|
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||328 lb (149 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 253|
|Career NFL statistics|
Chris Neild (born December 1, 1987) is a former American football nose tackle that played in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at West Virginia University. He attended Stroudsburg High School in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania.
2011 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in
|31 7⁄8 in
|10 3⁄4 in
|5.12 s||1.73 s||2.93 s||4.46 s||7.56 s||29.0 in
|8 ft 10 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Neild was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. He was converted from a defensive tackle to a nose tackle. Neild made his NFL debut in Week 1 against the New York Giants, where he recorded 1.5 sacks on Eli Manning. In the 2011 season, Neild played in all 16 games as the backup nose tackle for Barry Cofield.
Neild was expected to compete for a roster spot with Chris Baker. His second season was cut short after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during practice on August 13, 2012. The Redskins waived-injured him two days later. After not being claimed off waivers, Neild was officially placed on the team's injured reserve list.
During the 2013 season, Neild returned to being the back-up nose tackle and played a total of eight games.
In the last 2014 preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Neild suffered an injury in his right leg and was carted off the field. On August 30, 2014, it was confirmed that he tore his right ACL and was placed on the team's injured reserve.
- Neild drafted by the Redskins
- NFL Combine Profile
- NFL Draft Scout
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved February 26, 2019.
- "Neild's Ability to Adjust Pays Off". Redskins.com. Archived from the original on January 18, 2012. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- Yanda, Steve (August 3, 2012). "Redskins training camp: Chris Neild is in tough competition with Chris Baker at nose tackle". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- Whyno, Stephen (August 14, 2012). "Redskins' Chris Neild tears ACL, out for season". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- Tandler, Rich (August 15, 2012). "Report: Neild has been waived-injured". CSNWashington.com. Retrieved August 15, 2012.[permanent dead link]
- Tinsman, Brian (August 16, 2012). "Redskins Sign Favorite, IR Neild, Hanks". Redskins.com. Archived from the original on August 18, 2012. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Boyer, Zac (August 28, 2014). "Chris Neild, Akeem Jordan sustain knee injuries in preseason win". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Jones, Mike (August 30, 2014). "Redskins finalize 53-man roster". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- "Texans sign DT Chris Neild, Alan Bonner added to active roster". HoustonTexans.com. July 31, 2015. Archived from the original on August 3, 2015. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Wilson, Aaron (August 31, 2015). "Texans cut wide receiver Jace Davis, defensive lineman Chris Neild". Blog.Chron.com.