Neild at Redskins training camp in 2011
December 1, 1987 |
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||328 lb (149 kg)|
|High school:||Stroudsburg (PA)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 253|
|Career NFL statistics|
Chris Neild (born December 1, 1987) and is 6'2''. Chris Neild is a former American football nose tackle that played in the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Washington Redskins in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at West Virginia University. He attended Stroudsburg High School in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania.
2011 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in
|31 7⁄8 in
|10 3⁄4 in
|5.12 s||1.73 s||2.93 s||4.46 s||7.56 s||29.0 in
|8 ft 10 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Neild was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. He was converted from a defensive tackle to a nose tackle. Neild made his NFL debut in Week 1 against the New York Giants, where he recorded 1.5 sacks on Eli Manning. In the 2011 season, Neild played in all 16 games as the backup nose tackle for Barry Cofield.
Neild was expected to compete for a roster spot with Chris Baker. His second season was cut short after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during practice on August 13, 2012. The Redskins waived-injured him two days later. After not being claimed off waivers, Neild was officially placed on the team's injured reserve list.
During the 2013 season, Neild returned to being the back-up nose tackle and played a total of eight games.
In the last 2014 preseason game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Neild suffered an injury in his right leg and was carted off the field. On August 30, 2014, it was confirmed that he tore his right ACL and was placed on the team's injured reserve.
- Neild drafted by the Redskins
- NFL Combine Profile
- NFL Draft Scout
- "Neild's Ability to Adjust Pays Off". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Yanda, Steve (August 3, 2012). "Redskins training camp: Chris Neild is in tough competition with Chris Baker at nose tackle". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- Whyno, Stephen (August 14, 2012). "Redskins' Chris Neild tears ACL, out for season". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- Tandler, Rich (August 15, 2012). "Report: Neild has been waived-injured". CSNWashington.com. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- Tinsman, Brian (August 16, 2012). "Redskins Sign Favorite, IR Neild, Hanks". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- Boyer, Zac (August 28, 2014). "Chris Neild, Akeem Jordan sustain knee injuries in preseason win". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-30.
- Jones, Mike (August 30, 2014). "Redskins finalize 53-man roster". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-08-30.
- "Texans sign DT Chris Neild, Alan Bonner added to active roster". HoustonTexans.com. July 31, 2015. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- Wilson, Aaron (August 31, 2015). "Texans cut wide receiver Jace Davis, defensive lineman Chris Neild". Blog.Chron.com.