14 August 1986 |
|Professional||2005–2007, 2009/10, 2013–2015|
|Highest ranking||62 (2006/07)|
|Highest break||135 (2006 Grand Prix Qualifying)|
|Best ranking finish||Last 32 (2005 Grand Prix)|
Christopher "Chris" Norbury (born 14 August 1986) is an English former professional snooker player. He began his professional career by playing Challenge Tour in 2003, at the time the second-level professional tour. Norbury first entered Main Tour for the 2005/06 season, after finishing the 2004/05 Challenge Tour Rankings on the rank 5. He played in the latter stages of the Paul Hunter Classic in both 2008 and 2009, losing in the first round to Shaun Murphy 4–1 in 2008, and losing to Dave Harold 4–2 in 2009.
He runs Elite Snooker Club in Lostock Hall, Lancashire along with fellow professional player, Shokat Ali.
Chris supports his local football, team Accrington Stanley. Chris married his long term girlfriend Emily Heardman on August 13th 2016 and they are expecting their first baby in July.
Performance and rankings timeline
|Ranking[nb 1]||UR[nb 2]||UR[nb 3][nb 4]||UR[nb 4]||159||72||UR[nb 3]||UR[nb 2]||UR[nb 2]||UR[nb 2]||UR[nb 3]||108|
|Wuxi Classic[nb 5]||Not Held||Non-Ranking||A||LQ||LQ|
|Australian Goldfields Open||Not Held||A||A||LQ||LQ|
|Shanghai Masters||Not Held||LQ||A||A||A||LQ||LQ|
|International Championship||Not Held||A||LQ||LQ|
|German Masters||Not Held||A||WR||A||LQ||LQ|
|Indian Open||Not Held||LQ||LQ|
|Players Championship Grand Final[nb 6]||Not Held||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ||DNQ|
|China Open||Not Held||A||LQ||LQ||LQ||A||A||A||LQ||LQ|
|Former Ranking tournaments|
|Malta Cup[nb 7]||A||A||A||LQ||LQ||Not Held|
|Northern Ireland Trophy||Not Held||NR||LQ||Not Held|
|World Open[nb 8]||A||A||A||2R||LQ||LQ||LQ||A||A||LQ||NH|
|Performance Table Legend|
|LQ||lost in the qualifying draw||#R||lost in the early rounds of the tournament
(WR = Wildcard round, RR = Round robin)
|QF||lost in the quarter-finals|
|SF||lost in the semi–finals||F||lost in the final||W||won the tournament|
|DNQ||did not qualify for the tournament||A||did not participate in the tournament||WD||withdrew from the tournament|
|NH / Not Held||means an event was not held.|
|NR / Non-Ranking Event||means an event is/was no longer a ranking event.|
|R / Ranking Event||means an event is/was a ranking event.|
|MR / Minor-Ranking Event||means an event is/was a minor-ranking event.|
- From the 2010/2011 season it shows the ranking at the beginning of the season.
- He was an amateur.
- New players don't have a ranking.
- He was not on the Main Tour.
- The event was called the Jiangsu Classic (2009/2010)
- The event was called the Players Tour Championship Grand Finals (2010/2011–2012/2013)
- The event was called the European Open (2002/2003–2003/2004)
- The event was called the LG Cup (2002/2003–2003/2004) and the Grand Prix (2004/2005–2009/2010)
- "Official Rankings". worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. Archived from the original on 29 March 2007.
- "Career-total Statistics for Chris Norbury – Professional". CueTracker Snooker Results & Statistics Database. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Christopher Norbury". worldsnookerdate.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. Archived from the original on 2 December 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "Chris Norbury – Season 2003/2004". Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "2005–6 Main Tour List". Archived from the original on 19 December 2008. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "2004–5 Challenge Tour Rankings". Global Snooker Centre. Archived from the original on 19 December 2008. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Ranking History". Snooker.org. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "Official player profile of Chris Norbury". worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. "Tour Players" section.
- Profile on Global Snooker
- Profile on Pro Snooker Blog