This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||7 December 1963(age 55years)|
|Occupation||Pastor, faith healing minister, television host and author|
|Net worth||$30–50 million (2011, Forbes)|
(m. 1991; div. 2016)
Ministry and theology
Oyakhilome's ministry holds meetings in the United Kingdom and the United States, and has "healing school" sessions in South Africa and Canada. Oyakhilome also hosts Higher Life conferences in Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, UK, US and Canada, and organized the Night of Bliss South Africa event at the FNB Stadium in Johannesburg. Oyakhilome also operates an International School of Ministry, which held one of its Ministers' Network Conferences in 2016 with 5000 ministers in attendance from 145 countries, in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Oyakhilome runs an online prayer network using social media to send messages to Christians in several countries. He had over 1.2 million followers on Twitter in 2013, over 1.9 million followers on Facebook and operates a smartphone messenger called KingsChat. Oyakhilome is also the author of the daily devotional "Rhapsody of Realities".On Rhapsody website the "Rhapsody of Realities" devotional is only available for download in over 143 languages either on Apple or Android. Oyakhilome also hosts Higher Life conferences in Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, UK, US and Canada. In 2015, Oyakhilome was given an honorary doctorate from Ambrose Alli University, and Benson Idahosa University.
According to his official Biography, Oyakhilome was born on December 7, 1963. He was the eldest son of the family of Tim Oyakhilome.
In 1991, Oyakhilome married Anita Ebhodaghe. They had two daughters (Sharon and Charlene). Anita Ebodaghe filed for divorce on April 9, 2014 at the Central Family Court in London. After the separation, they also decided to share custody of their two children. They divorced in February 2016. after 25 years of marriage on the basis of "Unreasonable Behavior." Oyakhilome's first daughter Sharron Oyakhilome, was married to a Ghanaian man on the October 6, 2018, and her mother was reportedly absent.
Oyakhilome is known for his philanthropic works, which include aiding the poor, the sick, and the dispossessed, both materially and spiritually. Pastor Chris's Inner City Mission Project declares that "every child is your child"; this project saves and assists orphaned and indigent children in inner cities across the globe.
He is a graduate of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, where he obtained a degree in Architecture.
Oyakhilome's statement about marriage has been a subject of controversy. As the General Overseer of Christ Embassy, Pastor Oyakhilome has come under strong criticism from Nigerians on social media over his religious views on gender equality.
A Facebook post cited an excerpt of the clergyman's message titled 'Who is a husband and what is his role?', in which husbands were defined as "masters" as opposed to "male partners."
Oyakhilome's ex-wife, Anita, had on February 8 finalised her divorce from the pastor and dropped his last name for "Obhodaghe."
Oyakhilome has also been a target of criticism by the Treatment Action Campaign for his support of faith healing as a supposed cure for HIV/AIDS.
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome penned many books, including "Rhapsody of Realities", distributed monthly around the world.
|Book's name||Year of publication||ISBN|
|Gates of Zion||1998||9789783562257|
|Your Right In Christ||1998||9789783465848|
|None of These Diseases||2001||9781310780226|
|How To Make Your Faith Work||2005||9789783786622|
|The Oil And The Mantle||1999||9783486519|
|Your Rights In Christ||2008||9783465848|
|Now That You Are Born Again||2006||9783562215|
|Join This Chariot||2002||9783602853|
|How to Make Your Faith Work Good||2005||9789783|
|When God Visits You||2001||9789783562240|
|The Power Of Your Mind: Walk In Divine Excellence||2016||9789785152159|
|The Seven Spirit of God - Divine Secrets to the Miraculous||2006||9789783786509|
|Rhapsody Of Realities Topical Compendium||2011||9789783486522|
|Seven Things The Holy Spirit Will Do For You||2005||9789783786646|
|How To Pray Effectively||2012||9789785308808|
|The Power of Tongues||2001||789783786547|
|Holy Spirit And You||2005||9789783786639|
|Healing From Heaven||2010||9789783706132|
|The Seven Spirits of God||2006||9789783786509|
|Don't stop here||2010||9789783706156|
- "The Five Richest Pastors In Nigeria". Forbes.com. 22 June 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Pastor Chris' Ministrations at IEYC 2015 (Session II)". Loveworldnews.com. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- http://www.nigeriagalleria.com. "Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor, Prophet, Evangelist, Nigeria Personality Profiles". www.nigeriagalleria.com. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "We attend Pastor Chris' Night of Bliss". DRUM. 16 March 2011. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Naija News Hub - News, Entertainment, Information & Tips". Naija News Hub. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Welcome Luncheon at ISM Ministers' Network Conference". Loveworldnews.com. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Stats and Ranking for Pastor Chris". Twitaholic. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "KingsChat on Google Play". Google. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Administrator. "No. 1 Daily Devotional". rhapsodyofrealities.org. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "The biography and Ministry of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - DunamisBlog". DunamisBlog. 15 February 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "The Authority Icon: CHRIS OYAKHILOME". www.authorityngr.com. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Ambrose Alli University Honours Chris Oyakhilome With Doctorate Degree". InformationNigeria. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- "Pastor Chris Oyakhilome pledges N1billion to Nigeria University". Ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "RELIGION NEWS in Brief – JOURNALIST launches book and more". www.sundaymail.co.zw. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Divorce latest: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, wife share two children -". theeagleonline.com.ng. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Anita Oyakhilome Attwaters Jameson Hill Harlow". Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Ibenegbu, George. "Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Biography and achievements". Naij.com - Nigeria news. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "The InnerCity Mission". The InnerCity Mission.
- "Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Bags BIU Doctorate Degree in Divinity". www.biu.edu.ng. Benson Idahosa University. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Pastor Chris Honored with the Prestigious Doctorate Degree". www.onlineprnews.com. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "CONTROVERSY OVER CHRIS OYAKHILOME'S MESSAGE ON MARRIAGE WHERE HE SAYS HUSBANDS ARE MASTERS". abujareporters.com.ng. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Vena, Vuvu. "TAC, church face-off over healing claims". The M&G Online. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- "Pastor Chris in maiden Zim trip". NewsDay Zimbabwe. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 3 May 2017.