This biographical article is written like a résumé. (July 2019)
Chris Pirillo is an American entrepreneur and former television personality. He is the founder and former CEO of LockerGnome, Inc., a now-defunct network of blogs, web forums, mailing lists, and online communities which are now closed. He is best known as the former host of Call for Help, a call-in tech support show which, at the time, aired on TechTV. He hosted the show from 2001 to 2003.
LockerGnome began as a technology mailing list in 1996, offering tips and tricks for operating systems and applications, software suggestions (with an emphasis on public domain and shareware software), and web site recommendations. The site later expanded to incorporate content syndicated from LockerGnome's blogs for IT professionals. A web forum for help with and discussions about technology was run from 2002 to 2015.
- "The Seattle Times | Local news, sports, business, politics, entertainment, travel, restaurants and opinion for Seattle and the Pacific Northwest".
- "About" Archived August 31, 2009, at the Wayback Machine lockergnome.com
- "IT Professionals feed" Archived September 1, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. lockergnome.com
- "Lockergnome Help Forum Closure". lockergnome.com
- Geeks – Reviews, News, and How To! Archived June 10, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. GeekWith.com. Retrieved on May 25, 2013.
- "Poor Richard's E-mail Publishing" Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. isbndb.com
- "Online! The Book" Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. isbndb.com
- "Chris Pirillo is bringing Gnomedex back in Seattle — but don't call it a conference". GeekWire. March 25, 2015. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "Chris Pirillo on Twitter: "⭐ I accepted an offer…". March 12, 2019.