This biographical article is written like a résumé. (July 2019)
|Born||July 26, 1973|
Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Northern Iowa|
(born September 14, 2014)
Christopher Joseph Pirillo (born July 26, 1973) is an American entrepreneur and former television personality. He is the founder and former CEO of LockerGnome, Inc., a now-defunct network of blogs, web forums, mailing lists, and online communities which are now closed. He is best known as the former host of Call for Help, a call-in tech support show which, at the time, aired on TechTV. He hosted the show from 2001 to 2003.
LockerGnome began as a technology mailing list in 1996, offering tips and tricks for operating systems and applications, software suggestions (with an emphasis on public domain and shareware software), and web site recommendations. Several mailing lists are now provided, offering technology advice and tips and other content syndicated from LockerGnome's blogs for IT Professionals. A web forum for help with and discussions about technology was run from 2002 to 2015.
Pirillo along with Jake Ludington, created a BitTorrent server at vistatorrent.com "to help Microsoft get Windows Vista Beta 2 in users' hands" in 2006. According to Information Week, Microsoft had "reported problems in delivering Beta 2 electronically recommending that users order the DVD rather than download the 3.5–4.4GB file". Microsoft sent a cease and desist e-mail, and the pair complied.
- "The Seattle Times | Local news, sports, business, politics, entertainment, travel, restaurants and opinion for Seattle and the Pacific Northwest".
- Pirillo, Chris (February 11, 2010). "Wicket Does an "E" Ya Later". Retrieved January 15, 2022.
- "Chris Pirillo – Product Manager – Intel Corporation". Retrieved January 15, 2022.
- "About" lockergnome.com
- "Advice and Tips". lockergnome.com
- "IT Professionals feed". lockergnome.com
- "Lockergnome Help Forum Closure". lockergnome.com
- Geeks – Reviews, News, and How To! Archived June 10, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. GeekWith.com. Retrieved on May 25, 2013.
- Gregg, Keizer (June 15, 2006). "Microsoft Shuts Off Vista Torrent". Information Week. Archived from the original on October 30, 2013. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- "Poor Richard's E-mail Publishing" Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. isbndb.com
- "Online! The Book" Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. isbndb.com
- "Chris Pirillo is bringing Gnomedex back in Seattle — but don't call it a conference". GeekWire. March 25, 2015. Retrieved April 15, 2015.
- "Chris Pirillo on Twitter: "⭐ I accepted an offer…". March 12, 2019.