|Born||December 12, 1959|
|Occupation||Radio Talk Show Host|
|Pentagon Correspondent (CNN) |
|Parent(s)||Jules Orteig (father) |
|Awards||Edward R. Murrow Award|
Chris Plante (born December 12, 1959) is a syndicated radio talk show host, based at WMAL Radio in Washington D.C., and heard on the Westwood One Network. He is also a frequent guest on both Fox News and Fox Business.
Plante worked at CNN for 17 years, mostly covering The Pentagon and U.S. Military. At various times at CNN, he was a Pentagon Correspondent, Senior Producer for National Security Affairs, Military Affairs Producer and an assignment editor. Plante traveled to foreign locations, including Saudi Arabia, Bosnia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Africa and the remote corners of the former Soviet Union covering stories for CNN.
In 2005, Plante moved to weeknights, and in 2008 he moved to the midday time slot. In 2009, Plante's show was briefly replaced by The Joe Scarborough Show, but demand from fans saw his return to the 9 AM - Noon time slot in October 2009. 
In 2016, Cumulus Media announced Plante would be nationally syndicated by Westwood One, replacing Herman Cain's program, which reverted to a local program. The Herman Cain Show will still air in the Atlanta, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tulsa, and Dayton markets. Westwood One and Plante's home station, WMAL, are both owned by Cumulus Media.
- Plante reported he was nine years old when Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong walked on the moon (Chris Plante Show, 31 August 2018)
- Farhi, Paul (2010-11-04). "Conservatively speaking, WMAL radio host Chris Plante is on the rise". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Barbara Barnes Plante, 73". tribunedigital-chicagotribune. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Farhi, Paul (2010-11-04). "Conservatively speaking, WMAL radio host Chris Plante is on the rise". The Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "NTS MediaOnline". www.ntsmediaonline.com. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "Westwood One To Officially Offer WMAL/D.C.'s Chris Plante In Syndication". All Access. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- "The Herman Cain Radio Show will be loud and strong in 2017". Herman Cain. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "AIM's 10th Annual Reed Irvine Awards to Judge Jeanine Pirro, Chris Plante, and Rep. Lamar Smith". Accuracy in Media. 2015-05-08. Retrieved 2016-10-18.