Resop with the Pittsburgh Pirates
November 4, 1982 |
|June 28, 2005, for the Florida Marlins|
(through 2013 season)
|Earned run average||4.62|
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
In an extra-inning game against the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 3, 2008, Resop pitched a third of an inning and allowed two walks in the top of the 10th inning. Manager Bobby Cox then brought in left-handed pitcher Royce Ring to face left-handed batter Adam LaRoche and substituted Resop for Matt Diaz in left field. After Ring struck out LaRoche, Gregor Blanco came in to play left and Resop returned to the mound in place of Ring. He subsequently allowed an RBI single to Xavier Nady and earned the loss as the Pirates won 4–3.
Return to Braves
He was called up on June 15, 2010, after 13 starts in Triple A. In 73.1 innings, he recorded a 1.84 ERA while allowing 46 hits, 27 walks, and striking out 81 batters. He held batters to a .183 average.
Boston Red Sox
- Chris Resop: Player Profile, from the Los Angeles Angels
- "Right-handed pitcher Chris Resop claimed off waivers by Atlanta". October 25, 2007.
- Scout.com: Braves sell Resop to Japanese team
- Langosch, Jenifer (August 4, 2010). "Pirates claim Resop, Park off waivers".
- "Pirates acquire RHP Zach Thornton from Oakland in exchange for RHP Chris Resop". November 30, 2012.