Chris Riley (rugby league)
|Full name||Christopher James Riley|
|Born||February 22, 1988|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (172 cm)|
|Weight||12 st 11 lb (81 kg) |
As of 18 November 2017
Chris Riley (born rugby league footballer who played in the 2000s and 2010s. He played at representative level for the England Knights, and at club level for Woolston Rovers ARLFC, Warrington Wolves, Harlequins RL (loan), Swinton Lions (loan), Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (two spells, including initially on loan) and the Rochdale Hornets, as a fullback or winger.February 22, 1988) is an English former professional
Chris Riley has a fine strike rate at Super League level, Riley was primarily a fullback with England Academy and the Warrington junior grades, but he has forged his first team career to date on the wing. A well balanced and elusive runner who has added some strength to his build since débuting in late 2005 at the age of 17. A graduate of Woolston Rovers ARLFC and the Warrington Scholarship Scheme, he won Junior Academy titles in 2003 and 2004, represented England U17 against the Australian Institute of Sport in 2005 and made a try scoring début for England Academy the same season. After three seasons as a squad player, last year was his best season to date, featuring in the majority of Warrington's games and scoring try doubles on five occasions, including away at St Helens.
Riley attended Penketh High School in Warrington where he won the Warrington Schools Rugby League Final in years 7, 8, 9 and 10.
On 7 February 2010, he was in his sixth season of rugby during 2010's Super League XV. He therefore became the tenth player in the fifteen-year history of Super League to score five tries in a match, the first since Ryan Hall for Leeds against Castleford on 14 August 2009.
Chris joined Harlequins RL in May 2011 after agreeing an initial one-month loan deal, he made his début on the right wing against Castleford Tigers in a disappointing 56-24 loss, in which he scored two tries.
Now back playing for Warrington, Chris has made the trip to Australia with the team for their pre-season games and will be included in a squad to play Russell Crowe's South Sydney Rabbitohs at the Redfern Oval on Saturday, 28 January 2012.
In 2014, Chris signed to play for the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats on loan for 1-month, during April it was confirmed that he would stay for at least another month after his loan was extended.
- "Chris Riley Wakefield Wildcats". www.superleague.co.uk. Rugby Football League. 2015. Archived from the original on 2014-04-02. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "Profile at loverugbyleague.com". loverugbyleague.com. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- Wilson, Andy (7 February 2010). "Chris Riley's five-try haul for Warrington hammers Harlequins". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- "Leeds 76 Castleford 12: Brilliant Hall scores five tries as Leeds thrash their neighbours". London: Daily Mail. 15 August 2009. Retrieved 12 February 2010.
- Scott, Ged (2010-08-28). "Leeds 6-30 Warrington". BBC. Retrieved 2010-08-28.
- "Warrington mean business - Riley". BBC News.