Chris Roberson (baseball)
Roberson with the Reno Aces
|Sultanes de Monterrey – No. 15|
August 23, 1979 |
|May 12, 2006, for the Philadelphia Phillies|
|Runs batted in||2|
|Career highlights and awards|
Roberson graduated from El Cerrito High School in El Cerrito in 1997, and attended both Contra Costa College and Feather River College. After graduating, Roberson played on the Clearwater Threshers, a Phillies farm team, and had a twenty-three game hit streak. Playing for the Reading Phillies, Roberson was named the 2005 Eastern League Rookie of the Year. After starting center fielder Aaron Rowand crashed into the outfield wall at Citizens Bank Park on May 11, 2006, Roberson was called up play the center field position, along with Shane Victorino. Roberson made his major league debut on May 12, 2006, against the Cincinnati Reds. Out of options, Roberson was traded to the Baltimore Orioles in January 2008 for cash. In February 2008, Roberson was assigned to the Norfolk Tides of the International League. He became a free agent at the end of the season.
In January 2009, Roberson signed a minor league contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks. After spending the 2009 season with the Reno Aces, he was again granted free agency.
In 2010, he signed with Sultanes de Monterrey of the Mexican League. While in Mexico, Roberson has also played for Liga Mexicana del Pacífico teams Naranjeros de Hermosillo and Águilas de Mexicali. In 2012, he played for the Winnipeg Goldeyes in the American Association, returning to Monterrey after the season.
After moving to Mexico, Roberson married Yaneth, with whom he has two children, and later became a citizen of the country.
- "Season Ending Awards". Eastern League official website. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Ruf Named E.L. MVP and Rookie of the Year: Becomes just the third player in team history to sweep awards". Reading Phillies official website. Minor League Baseball. August 31, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- Rowand recounts catch, crash at the wall
- Phillies part ways with Roberson
- Gomez, Eric (March 13, 2017). "Chris Roberson and his Mexican-American dream". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- BR Bullpen
- Mexican Baseball League
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball outfielder born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|