January 27, 1971
Shaker Heights, Ohio, U.S.
|Education||Miami University, '93
|Occupation||Sports journalist / TV/radio announcer and commentator|
|Title||NFL studio host, MLB Network / NFL Network anchor, baseball commentator, football commentator|
Early life and career
Rose, who was born and raised in Shaker Heights, Ohio, an eastside Cleveland, Ohio suburb, attended University School in Hunting Valley, Ohio during high school and spent his childhood summers at North Star Camp. Rose attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio and graduated in 1993. He served as station manager at the student-run radio station, WMSR. He also adores the Cleveland Indians.
The Best Damn Sports Show Period
Rose is known as one of the hosts of The Best Damn Sports Show Period, on Fox Sports Net. Except for a brief period in 2004 and 2005, Rose hosted the show from its inception in 2001. Rose has also hosted the poker show Million Dollar Challenge.
In 2007, Rose became a play-by-play announcer for Fox's coverage of the NFL. In 2006, he did Gamebreaks for the NFL coverage while Joe Buck and Curt Menefee hosted the studio coverage from the game site. He was the studio host for Fox's BCS coverage.
In 2007, he was the #7 play-by-play announcer for Fox's coverage of the NFL. A year later, he was demoted to #8 play-by-play but promoted again to #7 in 2009. On Sunday, November 8, 2009, Rose did Gamebreaks for the NFL on Fox while the Fox NFL Sunday crew did the pregame show from Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. Trent Green and John Lynch were among the analysts who worked with Rose. in 2004 Rose was a fight announcer and narrator on the reality sports series The Next Great Champ as well late a Ringside Commentator for Golden Boy Boxing in 2012 airing on Fuel TV 
Rose took over the revamped Fox Saturday Baseball pre game show in 2009. Rose was also the host for the World Series pre game show. He presented the World Series trophies from 2009 to 2011. He called select games as well as field reporting for MLB on FOX. He also hosted Big Shots: Titans at the Tee. During the 2010 Major League Baseball season he hosted the inaugural season of The Cheap Seats. David Cone took over the show following the 2010 season. On March 21, 2012, it was announced Matt Vasgersian would become the new pre-game host and Rose would no longer be working with the network.
Rose has been criticized for appearing to be too friendly with players he has interviewed during Fox's baseball coverage. For example, during the 2009 World Series, Rose referred to Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees as "Jeets". One year later during the World Series, Rose referred to both Brian Wilson and Tim Lincecum of the San Francisco Giants as "his friends."
On August 28, 2012, NFL Network announced they had added Rose to their team. He currently is a studio host for the channel. Rose is the host of NFL GameDay Highlights, NFL GameDay Final, as well as the postgame edition of NFL Total Access following the network's Thursday Night Football. He will continue doing Intentional Talk on MLB Network even though MLB Network is in New Jersey while the NFL Network is in Los Angeles.
- Glory Road
- Mr. 3000
- The Comebacks
- Garfield (on September 15, 2017, Rose said his foot was in the "Garfield" movie)
- Golden Boy Promotions Ringside Announcer Chris Rose|https://books.google.com/books?id=w8KztFy6QYwC&pg=PA984&lpg=PA984&dq=Golden+Boy+promotions+ringside+announcer+chris+rose&source=bl&ots=Arh-NJavsJ&sig=hG4mOXLU7RocNIVXXmmvFXXms7I&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAmoVChMIy8HTlLGXxwIVyhoeCh1uzwQR#v=onepage&q=Golden%20Boy%20promotions%20ringside%20announcer%20chris%20rose&f=false
- Golden Boy Promotions narrator Chris Rose|http://www.hollywood.com/tv/the-next-great-champ-59503535/e[permanent dead link]
- Fang, Ken (6 November 2010). "2nd Annual (2010) Fang's Bites MLB TV Awards". Fangsbites.com. Wordpress. Archived from the original on November 9, 2013. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- MLB Network Adds Chris Rose to On-Air Talent Lineup|http://sportsmedianews.com/03/mlb-network-adds-chris-rose-to-on-air-talent-lineup/