The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (January 2021)
|Launched||20 December 2010|
|Open Database Licence|
In 2011, the site won third place in the Open Data Challenge. Vice President of the European CommissionNeelie Kroes said the site "is the kind of resource the (Digital) Single Market needs and it is encouraging to see that it is being built." The project was represented on the European Union's Core Vocabularies Working Group's Core Business Task Force.
In early 2012, the project was appointed to the Financial Stability Board's advisory panel on a Legal Entity Identification for Financial Contracts.
In July 2015, OpenCorporates was a finalist in both the Business and Publisher categories at the Open Data Institute Awards. It was announced as the winner of the Open Data Business Award due to work with promoting data transparency in the corporate sector.
- "Press Release: OpenCorporates launches". OpenCorporates. 20 December 2010. Retrieved 4 January 2021.
- "Open Data Challenge winners". Archived from the original on 16 August 2011. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- Kroes, Neelie. "Getting out the Data". Europa. Retrieved 2 July 2011.
- "Core Vocabularies Working Group Members". Europa. 15 February 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "FSB Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) Initiative Industry Advisory Panel - Membership" (PDF). Financial Stability Board. 2012. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "ODI Awards 2015 Finalists". Open Data Award 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Celebrating Generation Open – ODI awards network thinkers who are changing the world". open data institute. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
|Wikidata has the property: