|Full name||Christopher Richard Todd|
|Date of birth||22 August 1981|
|Place of birth||Swansea, Wales|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2009||→ Salisbury City (loan)||8||(1)|
|2009||→ Salisbury City (loan)||4||(1)|
|2010||→ Newport County (loan)||15||(3)|
|2011–2013||Forest Green Rovers||2||(0)|
|2012||→ Hereford United (loan)||5||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:45, 12 March 2017 (UTC).
- 1 Career
- 2 Personal life
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Born in Swansea, Todd began his career as a trainee with his home town club, Swansea City, turning professional in August 1999. He made his debut on 10 March 2001 at home in a 1–1 draw with Northampton Town, going on to make 46 appearances before being released in June 2002.
Todd then moved to Republic of Ireland, where he spent a season with Drogheda United.
He returned to English football with Exeter City in January 2003. Although he was unable to prevent Exeter being relegated from the Football League that season, he remained with the club, and was consistently a first-team regular.
First loan at Salisbury City
Return to Torquay United
After a successful loan spell at Salisbury, he returned to Torquay for the last month of the 2008–09 season. Todd went straight back into the first team and, during this month, he won the 'Man of the Match' award for the Conference National Play-off Final, helping Torquay win the game and promotion to League Two.
Second loan at Salisbury City
However, the following season, Todd lost his place in the first team about a quarter of the way through the season and found himself sitting on the bench. This was when Salisbury took him back on loan, after being given special dispensation by the Conference board due to an injury and suspension crisis.
In January 2010, Todd joined Conference South leaders Newport County on loan for the remainder of the 2009–10 season. Newport were crowned 2009–10 Conference South champions with a record 103 points, 28 points ahead of second placed Dover Athletic.
Forest Green Rovers
Todd signed a 2-year contract for Forest Green Rovers on 25 May 2011. Todd made his Rovers league debut in the live televised fixture against Stockport County on 12 August 2011. Todd failed to complete the match though as he left the pitch injured and it was later revealed he would need surgery to repair a torn hamstring that would keep him out for five months.
Loan at Hereford United
On 10 January 2013, Todd left Forest Green and signed for Eastleigh on a free transfer, signing an 18-month contract. On 15 October 2015, Todd was appointed player-manager of Eastleigh. The club finished the 2015-16 season in 7th place in the National League. On 17 August 2016, Todd was relieved of his duties as both manager and player after just four matches of the 2016–17 season.
In September 2011, Todd released a book titled "More Than Football; In The Blood". He wrote and published the book himself to raise money for leukaemia and lymphoma research.
In September 2012, Todd sang as part of the 'Big C choir' at the Royal Albert Hall in the 2012 Sunflower Jam concert in aid of charities supporting cancer. A documentary, following the progress of the choir, aired on Channel 4 in October 2012.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 409. ISBN 978-1-84596-601-0.
- "Swansea 1–1 Northampton". BBC Sport. 10 March 2001. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Transfers – January 2003". BBC Sport. 31 January 2003. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Torquay recruit Todd and Bedeau". BBC Sport. 27 June 2007. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Three in for City". NonLeagueDaily. 2 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Salisbury bring Todd back on loan". BBC Sport. 27 November 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-01.
- "Defender Chris Todd signs for Newport County". South Wales Argus. 9 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Seven players released by Torquay United". BBC Sport. 14 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "County swoop for dynamic duo". South Wales Argus. 21 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-21.
- "Hockaday signs star Todd". forestgreenroversfc.com. 25 May 2011. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Forest Green Rovers 1–1 Stockport County". BBC Sport. 12 August 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- "Todd to undergo surgery". forestgreenroversfc.com. 2 September 2011. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Rovers' Todd Set For Surgery". Blue Square Football. 3 September 2011. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Hereford United sign Forest Green defender Chris Todd on loan". BBC Sport. 8 October 2012.
- "Dave Hockaday happy with Chris Todd return". BBC Sport. 11 November 2012.
- "Busy time for Eastleigh". Non League Daily. 11 January 2013.
- "Chris Todd: Truro City sign former Eastleigh boss on short-term playing contracts". BBC Sport. 14 October 2016. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Todd reveals leukaemia diagnosis". BBC Sport. 19 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Chris Todd column". BBC Sport. 26 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- Williams, Adam (4 December 2015). "Chris Todd: Eastleigh manager has alternative career options". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Hereford United's Chris Todd sings for 'The Big C' choir at the Royal Albert Hall". Hereford Times. 18 October 2012.