|Full name||Chris Tuson|
25 February 1988 |
Leyland, Lancashire, England
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||14 st 7 lb (92 kg) |
Chris Tuson (born 25 February 1988) is an English former rugby league footballer who played as a second-row. He spent most of his career at Wigan Warriors, but also played for Blackpool Panthers, Castleford Tigers and Hull F.C.
Born in Leyland, Lancashire, Tuson started his career with amateur clubs Leyland Warriors and Bamber Bridge, and attended Balshaw's CE High School. He was signed by Wigan Warriors in 2006, and made his first team debut from the bench against Leeds Rhinos in 2008.
In 2010, Tuson made his second appearance for Wigan against Castleford Tigers and also made one appearance for Blackpool Panthers as a dual registration player before joining Castleford on loan for one month. The loan deal was later extended, and Tuson went on to appear eight times for the club.
In June 2013, he rejected a new contract from Wigan and agreed to join Wakefield Trinity Wildcats for the start of the 2014 season. However, the move failed to materialise due to Wakefield's financial problems, and Tuson opted to join Hull F.C. instead.
In July 2014, Tuson announced his retirement due to a recurring back injury.
- "Wigan Warriors Player Profile Chris Tuson". web page. wiganwarriors.com. Archived from the original on 28 August 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Tuson's ready and willing". Wigan Today. 8 September 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Kelly, Robert (21 January 2011). "Warrior Tuson ready for battle". Leyland Guardian. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Agony almost over for Chris". Leyland Guardian. 24 December 2008. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Chris Tuson signs new Wigan Warriors contract". BBC Sport. 3 December 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Tuson Joins Tigers On Loan". Wigan Warriors. 24 March 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Wigan Warrior Chris Tuson extends Castleford stay". BBC Sport. 27 April 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Chris Tuson: Wigan Warriors forward to join Wakefield Wildcats". BBC Sport. 4 June 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Chris Tuson: Hull FC sign Wigan back row for next season". BBC Sport. 1 October 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "Chris Tuson: Hull FC forward forced to retire through injury". BBC Sport. 29 July 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2014.