|Occupation(s)||Music producer, musician, songwriter|
|Associated acts||Blue Peter|
Chris Wardman is a Canadian music producer, musician and songwriter. Wardman was a founding member of Blue Peter, and was their lead guitarist and main contributing songwriter. Wardman was also a member of Breeding Ground in the late 1980s. Wardman has been actively producing albums for many Canadian acts, including Chalk Circle, Leslie Spit Treeo, Randy Bachman and Emm Gryner. Wardman produced two albums for Art Bergmann, including Sexual Roulette in 1990. Meryn Cadell's most recent new release, 1997's 6 Blocks, was produced by Wardman, for which he hired, among others, former bandmate Jason Sniderman, and he performed on the album as well. The Watchmen credit Wardman with discovering them while playing at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto, and he produced their debut album, McLaren Furnace Room, which was certified gold in Canada in 1996. In his review of the album on Allmusic, Roch Parisien complimented Wardman's mix of the album for how he balanced lead singer Danny Greaves' vocals with the music production.
- Rolfe, Chris (22 April 2013). "Wha' Happen?: Blue Peter". The Grid. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Album info". Chalk Circle – The Great Lake. Billboard.com. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- "Don't Cry Too Hard". Leslie Spit Treeo Discography. Discogs. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- "Randy Bachman / Guess Who". Artist Index. Maple Music. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- Barclay, Michael; Jack, Ian A.D.; Schneider, Jason (1 January 2011). Have Not Been the Same: The CanRock Renaissance, 1985–1995. ECW Press. p. 138. ISBN 978-1550229929. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Moi, je chante avec Blue Peter". Emm's Journal. EmmGryner.com. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
- LeBlanc, Larry (10 May 1997). "Cadell Ditches 'Kooky' Image; Handsome Boy Bows Radio-Friendly 'Blocks 6'". Billboard. p. 50. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Biography". The Watchmen official site. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Gold/Platinum – The Watchmen". Music Canada. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- Parisien, Roch. "The Watchmen, McLaren Furnace Room". Allmusic. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- "Tour Dates". Tour. EmmGryner.com. Retrieved 10 January 2011.
|This article about a Canadian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|