June 16, 1965 |
Palm Springs, California, United States
|Occupation||President of Bake Visual Effects Inc.,
Visual Effects Supervisor
|Awards||Satellite Award for Best Visual Effects
VES Award for Outstanding Visual Effects in a Music Video
Currently the President of Bake Visual Effects, Inc. located in Los Angeles, California, he began his film career with Dream Quest Images in 1989. Watts originated, invented  and implemented the Digital intermediate process in 1995 when filming the New Line Cinema feature, Pleasantville (1998).
Later in 2004, he also pioneered the use of digital still cameras as a high resolution replacement for film cameras on Tim Burton's stop motion animated movie The Corpse Bride. Watts gained wide recognition with the 2007 box office hit, 300, a Warner Bros. action film adapted from the graphic novel of the same name by writer-artist Frank Miller of Dark Horse Comics miniseries.
- Five Shorts (2000) Co-Writer and Producer (directed by Billy Kent)
- In the Wall (2007) Visual Effects Supervisor
- Britney Spears "Toxic" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Britney Spears "Womanizer" directed by Joseph Kahn
- The Pussycat Dolls "I Hate This Part" directed by Joseph Kahn
- The Offspring "Can't Get My Head Around You" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Garbage "Cherry Lips" directed by Joseph Kahn
- DMX "Who We Be" directed by Joseph Kahn
- DMX "X Gon' Give It to Ya" directed by Joseph Kahn
- U2 "Stuck in a Moment" directed by Joseph Kahn
- U2 "Elevation" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Enrique Iglesias "Hero" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Wu Tang Clan "Gravel Pit" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Papa Roach "Between Angels and Insects" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Fiona Apple "Across the Universe" directed by Paul Thomas Anderson
- Backstreet Boys "Larger than Life" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Eminem "We Made You" directed by Joseph Kahn
- D12 "Purple Hills" directed by Joseph Kahn
- Katy Perry "Waking Up in Vegas" directed by Joseph Kahn
- 2009 PokerStars, Post-supervision, cameo
- 2009 DEICHMANN SHOES
- 2008 Sears
- 2008 CLEAR SHAMPOO
- 2005 Sherwin-Williams Company
- 2004 Coca-Cola x World of Warcraft x S.H.E.
Awards and nominations
- 2008 Saturn Award Nominated for Best Special Effects in 300 (2006)
- 2008 Visual Effects Society Nominated for Best Single Visual Effect of the Year in 300 (2006)
- 2007 Satellite Award Won Best Visual Effects for 300 (2006)
- 2004 Visual Effects Society Won Outstanding Visual Effects in a Music Video for Britney Spears' Toxic
- 2001 MTV Video Music Awards/(VMAs) Nominated for Best Visual Effects in U2's Elevation
- Watts, Chris. "Biography for Chris Watts". imdb.com. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- "6th Annual VES Awards Nominees & Recipients". Visual Effects Society. Archived from the original on 14 June 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- "2007 12th Annual SATELLITE Awards". International Press Academy. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
- "3rd Annual VES Awards Nominees & Recipients". Visual Effects Society. Archived from the original on 8 February 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2010.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Chris Watts|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chris Watts.|