Christ Church War Memorial Garden
The war memorial garden, in memory of members of Christ Church, Oxford, is located east off St Aldate's at the western end of Broad Walk, which leads along the northern edge of Christ Church Meadows. To the north is Christ Church, one of the Oxford colleges, with a view of Tom Tower above its main entrance, also on St Aldate's.
Post Second World War development planned for central Oxford included a relief road passing through the northern edge of Christ Church Meadow along the route of Broad Walk and joining the district of St Ebbe's, via the location of the garden. The proposal was defeated after vigorous opposition.
- "War Memorial Garden at Christ Church". Visit Oxfordshire. Retrieved 3 June 2014. External link in
- "Christ Church War Memorial Garden". Foursquare. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Inscriptions: Christ Church Memorial Garden". Oxford History. UK. Retrieved 3 June 2014. External link in
- Jebb, Miles (1992). "Christ Church". The Colleges of Oxford. A Constable guide. London: Constable. p. 59. ISBN 0 09 469180 0.
- Fantato, Damian (24 October 2013). "Fifty years later and Christ Church Meadow relief road is unthinkable". Oxford Mail. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Fantato, Damian (25 October 2013). "The road that never was". The Oxford Times. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Media related to Christ Church War Memorial Garden, Oxford at Wikimedia Commons
|This Oxfordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|