Christ Nagar School
|Christ Nagar School|
Emblem of Christ Nagar School, Thiruvananthapuram
|School type||CMI, Private, Mixed|
|Patron saint(s)||Kuriakose Elias Chavara|
|School board||Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI), fathers|
|Administrator||Rev. Fr. Joseph Eenthumkuzhy|
|Manager||Rev. Fr. Joseph Vattaparampil|
|Principal (State)||Rev. Fr. Bino Pattarkalam|
|Principal (ICSE)||Rev. Fr. Dr. Kurian Chalangady|
|Classes||LKG to Standard XII|
|Medium of language||English|
|Sports||Basketball, cricket, football, table tennis|
Christ Nagar Higher Secondary school was started in 1976 as a private English Medium School in Thiruvananthapuram, India, recognised by the state government of Kerala as a minority educational institution. In 2002, Christ Nagar English High School was upgraded to higher secondary level.
Christ Nagar Group of Educational Institutions consists of four private schools, a teachers' training college, and a kindergarten:
|Christ Nagar English Higher Secondary School||Kerala State Board of Education||Kowdiar, Thiruvananthapuram||Rev. Fr. Bino Pattarkalam||1976 (upgraded to higher secondary in 2002)|
|Christ Nagar Higher Secondary School||ICSE/ISC Board, Delhi||Kowdiar, Thiruvananthapuram||Rev. Fr. Dr. Kurian Chalangady||1994 (upgraded to upper-secondary in 1996)|
|Christ Nagar Senior Secondary School||CBSE, Delhi||Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram||Rev. Fr. Mathews Araikulam||1996|
|Christ Nagar International School||Cambridge International Examinations curriculum||Kowdiar, Thiruvananthapuram||Rev. Fr. Sebastian Attichira CMI||2004|
|Christ Nagar College of Education||Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Christ Nagar Kindergarten||Kowdiar and Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram|
- The State School has secured cent percent pass, more than three State Ranks and the largest number of distinctions for a single school in the state every year at the public examinations for the last fifteen years.
- More than 5% of the SSLC students and more than 11% of the ISC students who passed out from the school have entered professional courses through entrance exams.I
- Won the Computer Literary Award instituted by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India.
- The Christ Nagar international School kawdiar won the British Council's International School Award for the year 2005-06,
- A student of Christ Nagar Higher Secondary School, came second in the 2010 Indian Certificate of Secondary Education Board, scoring 98% in the exams.
- A student of Christ Nagar Higher Secondary School, topped the 2012 Indian School Certificate Board, scoring 99% in the exams.
- The Christ Nagar group of schools is owned and managed by the fathers of religious congregation of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) at Christ Hall, the CMI Monastery at Kowdiar, Trivandrum.
- All of the schools are co-educational.
- Rev. Fr. Mathew Thayil is the Manager to all the Christ Nagar Schools.
- The Principal of the International School is Fr. Sebastian Attichira CMI.
Though under a Christian management, admission to the schools are open to all students irrespective of caste and creed .
- Raiphi Gomez - Indian First Class Cricketer
- Anoop Menon - Malayali actor, script writer, and lyricist
- Nazriya Nazim – actress
- Vidhu Prathap - playback singer
- Shankar Ramakrishnan the first most- Malayalam film director and screenplay writer
- Shefeen Ahamed K - IPS
- Arul R B Krishna - IPS
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-08-21. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-12. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-08. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-12-12. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2008-10-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-02-10. Retrieved 2008-10-29.