Christ for the Nations Institute
|Type||Christian Bible College Undergraduate Institution|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States|
Christ for the Nations Institute (CFNI) is an interdenominational Christian Bible college located in the Oak Cliff neighborhood of Dallas, Texas, United States. There are nine majors entitled; Worship Major, Creative Media Major, Children and Families Major, Biblical Counseling Major, Evangelism Major, Global Missions Major, Youth Major, Pastoral Major, and Marketplace Leadership.
CFNI also holds Youth For the Nations (YFN, see below), a summer youth camp and Kids For the Nations (KFN), a summer kids camp.
There is also a Spanish Institute for students wishing to work in the Latino/Hispanic world. All the schools specialize in teaching students how to provide resources for completing church buildings, caring for orphans, supporting the nation of Israel, providing humanitarian relief, establishing and strengthening international Bible schools, and distributing Christian literature.
American evangelist Gordon Lindsay and his wife, Freda Lindsay, founded Christ for the Nations Institute (CFNI) in 1970. After Gordon's passing in 1973, Mrs. Lindsay and her family continued operating the institution. The organization has trained more than 33,000 students, reached 120 nations, and assisted native congregations in building more than 12,500 churches all over the world. She remained active as the President of Christ for the Nations until she retired in her 90s. "Mom" Lindsay died in her home on March 26, 2010 at the age of 95 on "Gordon Lindsay Day", a day the institute had designated to remember and honor the legacy of its founder. Their son, Dennis Lindsay, is the current president of CFNI.
Accreditation and affiliation
CFNI is accredited by the International Christian Accrediting Association, a private Christian organization operated under the auspices of Oral Roberts University.
CFNI is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International, is approved by the United States Department of Homeland Security to enroll international students, and has approval from the Department of Veterans Affairs for veteran training.
Christ for the Nations Institute is not state accredited. Until April 21, 2007, it had "applicant status" with the Association for Biblical Higher Education. Applicant status is a pre-membership status granted to colleges that may be able to achieve pre-accreditation candidate status within four years. On April 21, 2007, the Board of Directors of Christ for the Nations decided to withdraw from pursuing ABHE accreditation. However, CFNI holds articulation agreements, for the purpose of transferring credits, with many accredited Christian universities and Bible colleges. The receiving school always determines credit transferability. Some of these institutions include, Ecclesia College, Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Dallas Baptist University, The King's University, Oral Roberts University, and Regent University.
Christ for the Nations Institute has a number of intramural sports teams, some of which include: football, basketball, volleyball and soccer.
The CFNI moral code can be found in the student handbook. Students are required to adhere to standards based on the school's Pentecostal, charismatic and evangelical roots which include not participating in what are termed "immoral behaviors" including sex outside of marriage, vulgar language, and same-sex relationships.
Christ for the Nations Institute has reached into 120 nations, teaching Christian ideology through Bible institutes, publishing books in 81 languages, aiding in worldwide relief projects, and assisting native congregations in building more than 11,000 churches all over the world. Each year CFNI has about 200 international students, 50 of whom are on scholarship.
CFNI has 44 Associate Bible schools around the world.
- Botswana: Love Botswana Bible Institute
- Cameroon: Cameroon Bible College
- Ivory Coast: Ivory Coast Burning Bush Biblical Institute
- Kenya: Kenya Biblical Life School of Ministry
- Inhaminga Afrika wa Yesu Bible School
- Nacala Afrika wa Yesu Discipleship School
- Senegal: Word Alive Bible Training Center
- South Africa: South Africa International Christian Bible College
- Uganda: U.P.C.I. of Uganda Bible School
- Harare Faith World Bible College
- Harare Goshen Bible College
- Allahabad India Bible Training Institute
- Nagaland Christ for the Nations Nagaland Bible College
- Shillong Doulos Bible Institute
- Japan: Christ for the Nations Japan (Sapporo)
- Korea: Christ for the Nations of Korea (Seoul)
- Myanmar(Burma): Shiloh Bible College
- Sri Lanka: Lanka Bible College
- North America & Caribbean
- Canada: Christ for the Nations Bible College (Vancouver)
- Haiti: Christ for Haiti
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Guadalajara)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Mexico City)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Monterrey)
- Estandarte Para Las Naciones (Puebla)
- Cristo Para Las Naciones (Querétaro)
- Central & South America
- Brazil: Instituto Cristo Para as Nações
- Colombia: Cristo Para Las Naciones Colombia
- El Salvador: Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones
- Costa Rica: Escuela Apostolica Ministerial Cristo a las Naciones
- Belarus: Christ for the Nations
- Germany: Christ for the Nations Glaubenszentrum
- Poland: Christ for the Nations Poland
- Christ for Romania Cluj (Şcoala Biblică „Cristos pentru România”)
- Christ for Romania Suceava
- Christ for Romania Timisoara
- United Kingdom: Christ for the Nations U.K.
- Australia: Christ for the Nations Australia
Youth for the Nations
Christ for the Nations Institute hosts an annual youth camp, called Youth for the Nations (YFN) for five weeks during the summer. Since 1990, thousands of young people have attended the event in Dallas, Texas.
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Lu Alone
- Marco Barrientos
- Gary Birdsong
- Don Colbert
- Benson Idahosa
- Dennis Jernigan
- Kari Jobe
- Thomas Miller
- Nicole C. Mullen
- Ana Paula Valadão
- Nevers Mumba
- A Brief History of CFN Archived February 11, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Christ for the Nations Institute website: Authorizations and Affiliations Archived January 18, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Christ for the Nations Institute website: Articulation Agreements Archived February 21, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- "Charisma Magazine".
- ":: Love Botswana Outreach Mission ::".
- "Afrika wa Yesu".
- "Haiti for Christ". Haiti for Christ.
- "Youth For The Nations". Retrieved September 25, 2013.