Christa Prets at the Kribibi Conference.
|Member of the European Parliament|
2 October 1947 |
|Political party||Social Democratic Party|
|Party of European Socialists|
Christa Prets (born 2 October 1947 in Diez, Germany) is an Austrian politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP). She is a member of the Social Democratic Party, which is part of the Party of European Socialists, and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Culture and Education and its Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality.
She is also a substitute for the Committee on Regional Development, vice-chair of the delegation for relations with Iran, and a substitute for the delegation to the EU–Romania Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- Secretarial training (1964–1966)
- Institute for Physical Education, Mainz (1966–1968)
- Coached various sporting groups (1969–1994)
- Veterinary assistant (1974–1994)
- Member of local council (1987–1990)
- Deputy mayor (1990–1991)
- Mayor of Pöttsching (1991–1994)
- Regional councillor, Burgenland (1994–1999)
- Board member, ASKÖ sport and physical education committee (since 1989)
- Member of the European Parliament (since 1999)
- Gold Order of Merit, Republic of Austria
- Official website
- European Parliament biography[permanent dead link]
- Declaration[permanent dead link] of financial interests (in German; PDF file)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Austria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|