|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Karen Thompson|
|Succeeded by||Jean Cannon|
|Playboy Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Linda Gamble|
|Succeeded by||June Cochran|
August 1, 1942|
|Died||March 22, 2013
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||122 lb (55 kg; 8.7 st)|
Christa Speck (August 1, 1942 – March 22, 2013)  was a German model and actress. She was chosen as Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for the September 1961 issue, and as the 1962 Playmate of the Year. Her original pictorial was photographed by Sam Wu.
Career and media appearances
Speck was working as a bank secretary at Bank of America when she was discovered by Playboy. She was chosen as Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for the September 1961 issue, and as the 1962 Playmate of the Year, the first foreign-born model to be so named. She worked as a Bunny in the company’s Chicago nightclub, lived in the Playboy Mansion and was featured in all of the magazine’s 60s pictorials about life at Mansion: 1961’s Playmate Holiday House Party, 1963’s Playmate Pillow Fight and Bunnies and 1966’s The Playboy Mansion. Speck was selected by Playboy editors and readers as one of their "ten favorite Playmates from the magazine’s first decade."
Her centerfold is seen in the 1978 film Animal House which takes place in 1962. Speck is mentioned in the 2007 book Confessions of a Crabgrass Cowboy: From Lincoln Logs to Lava Lamps: Coming of Age in an Early American Suburb by William Schwarz. She is also mentioned briefly in the 2011 book The Bunny Years by fellow, former Bunny Kathryn Leigh Scott.
- "Playmate data". Retrieved February 6, 2010.
- Looking for a hero, p.307 (2004)
- The Associated Press. "Playboy's Christa Speck, 70, dies in Los Angeles". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- (3 January 2004). That Old Feeling: Your Grandfather's Playboy, Time
- Barnes, Mike. "Celebrated Playboy Playmate Christa Speck Dies at 70". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- Schwartz, William (2007). Confessions of a crabgrass cowboy : from Lincoln logs to lava lamps : coming of age in an early American suburb. New York: iUniverse. ISBN 9780595451692.
- Scott, Kathryn Leigh. The Bunny years. New York: Gallery Books. ISBN 9781451663273.
- (13 June 1970). And you thought puppets are for kids, Windsor Star
- Ava, Now Rich Realtor, May Bow Out of Films