|Wikinews has related news: Man arrested on charge of murdering Christa Worthington|
Christa Worthington (December 23, 1956 – January 6, 2002) was a United States fashion writer who worked for Women's Wear Daily, Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Harper's Bazaar, and The New York Times. She was also a co-author of several books on fashion and formerly dated Stan Stokowski, the oldest son of Gloria Vanderbilt and Leopold Stokowski.
On April 15, 2005, a local garbage collector, Christopher McCowen, was arrested and charged with her rape and murder. On November 16, 2006, he was found guilty in Barnstable Superior Court of first-degree murder, rape and burglary, and sentenced to life without parole. In January 2008, a hearing was held due to three jurors' separate allegations that racism was involved in the deliberations. In December 2010, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court denied an appeal for a new trial.
- Christa Worthington, murder on Cape Cod
- News coverage of events leading to trial and trial coverage
- 48 Hours, Murder on the Cape (originally aired March 6, 2007)
- Murder on the Cape movie (2017)
Links to some articles written by Worthington:
- Murder She Wrote People.com, June 30, 2003
- "Judge questions jurors about alleged bias in deliberations." Boston Globe. January 10, 2008.
- Court denies appeal for man convicted of Cape writer’s murder Archived 2012-08-25 at the Wayback Machine.. Boston Herald. December 10, 2010.