Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet
|Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet|
Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet, or Sorghvliet for short, is an independent Protestant gymnasium in The Hague. Sorghvliet is consistently ranked in the top 10 schools in the Netherlands by the influential magazine Elsevier. In late August 2015, the Princess of Orange began her secondary education at Sorghvliet. Her sister, Princess Alexia, has been attending the school since the summer of 2017, as well. Sorghvliet has a long list of notable alumni, including multiple Dutch politicians, writers, athletes, entrepreneurs, members of the Dutch Royal family, and scientists, including one Nobel Prize winner.
There is a long-standing, friendly rivalry between Sorghvliet and another independent gymnasium in The Hague, the Haganum.
- Jozias van Aartsen, minister, frontman of VVD and former mayor of The Hague
- Laurens Jan Brinkhorst, minister and secretary of state
- Laurentien Brinkhorst, Princess of the Netherlands
- Bas de Gaay Fortman, politician
- Marnix van Rij, chairman CDA
- Morris Tabaksblat, CEO of Unilever
- Simon van der Meer, physicist and 1984 Nobel Prize winner
- F. Springer, pseudonym of Carel Jan Schneider, diplomat and writer
- Tomas Ross, pseudonym of Willem Pieter Hogendoorn, writer
- Daphne Jongejans, Olympic diver
- Edwin Jongejans, Olympic diver
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2008-06-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)