Christian Mingle was launched in 2001 by Spark Networks. The site has over 16 million members. Because of the focus on relationships between Christian singles, Christian Mingle is considered a special-interest online personals site. Former CEO Adam Berger has referred to this type of service as "niche" dating.
In the 2013 Webby Awards, Christian Mingle was an honoree in the Religion & Spirituality category. The site also received the Editor's Top Pick - Christian Award from DatingSiteReviews.com in 2015.
In 2013, the company authorized the repurchase of $5 million of its outstanding common stock.
Christian Mingle launched its dating app in late 2014.
In July 2016, Christian Mingle began accommodating gay men and women as the result of a non-discrimination lawsuit. Previously, the site had only allowed users to choose either "man seeking woman" or "woman seeking man." The change removed this profile designation and allowed users the option to see either opposite-sex or same-sex matches.
Christian Mingle members may choose whether to specify the Christian denomination to which they belong. Some of the available denomination options are: Anglican/Episcopalian, Apostolic, Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, Orthodox, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Seventh-day Adventist, and Southern Baptist. Members can also choose options such as ''Interdenominational'', ''Non-denominational'', or ''Not sure yet'.
Members can also search the site for free, though a subscription is required to communicate with other members.
- Times, Los Angeles. "Spark Networks continues to seek turnaround after board breakup". latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "ChristianMingle now allows gay dating, after a lawsuit". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "As Dating Pool Shrinks, Love Matches Grow," ABC News, June 18, 2010
- The Webby Awards: ChristianMingle
- 2015 Dating Sites Reviews Choice Awards - Christian
- "Spark Networks, Inc. Announces $5 Million Stock Repurchase Program," Yahoo News, Dec. 16, 2013
- Murray, Rheana. "From SingleSaints.com to JSwipe, how faith and dating now meet online". Retrieved 2016-07-19.
- "How Finding a Soul Mate Can Cost You". Retrieved 2016-06-30.