Christian Action for Israel
Christian Action for Israel is a Christian Zionist group based in Geneva with the stated aim to counter anti-semitism and anti-Israel misinformation, expose what is sees as the prevailing Anti-Israel bias in mainstream media, expose and counter Holocaust denial, and to support just Jewish causes.
In 1975 a South African branch of Christian Action for Israel was founded in Cape Town by the late Basil Jacobs, a steel merchant and devout Christian, Claude Duvernoy, a French Presbyterian Minister living in Jerusalem. In the years 1991–2000 the South African chapter was headed by Malcolm Hedding, a South African-born anti-apartheid activist and evangelical minister.
- Jewish Affairs, Volume 30. South African Jewish Board of Deputies, 1975
- Christian Organizations that Support Israel Archived July 14, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Christianity in South Africa: A Political, Social, and Cultural History By Richard Elphick, T. R. H. Davenport. ISBN 978-0-520-20940-4. p. 284
- Christian attitudes on Jews and Judaism, Issues 40–54, Institute of Jewish Affairs, World Jewish Congress, p. 1
- Malcolm Hedding[permanent dead link]