|Full name||Christian de Jesús
|Date of birth||26 April 1987|
|Place of birth||Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, Mexico|
|Height||1.59 m (5 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, Forward|
|2017–||→ Chiapas (loan)||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 October 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 4 September 2011
Christian de Jesús Bermúdez Gutiérrez (born 26 April 1987 in Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl), commonly known as "El Hobbit", is a Mexican footballer who plays as a midfielder for Chiapas F.C. of the Liga MX. He made his debut with the national team on 16 April 2008 vs China PR national football team in Seattle, Washington, playing three minutes.
On 4 June 2014 Bermudez was transferred to Chiapas during the Apertura 2014 Mexican draft.
During the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Bermúdez, and four other members of the Mexico National Team, tested positive for the banned substance of Clenbuterol and were withdrawn from the team's tournament squad. However, all players were exonerated as FIFA determined that the accused had accidentally ingested the banned substance through contaminated meat that had been served during a pre-tournament training camp.
- Liga MX: Apertura 2007
- Official Christian Bermúdez profile Archived 19 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Five Mexico Players Test Positive". ESPN Soccernet. 9 June 2011.
- "FMF absolvió a acusados de dopaje". ESPNDeportes Mexico. 10 July 2011.
- "FOOTBALL – THE CAS DISMISSES URGENT REQUEST FOR A STAY FILED BY OLYMPIAKOS VOLOU". The Court of Arbitration for Sport. 17 August 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "WADA withdraws CAS appeal in case of Mexican footballers". World Anti-Doping Agency. 12 October 2011. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- Christian Bermúdez – FIFA competition record
- Christian Bermúdez – Liga MX stats at MedioTiempo.com (Spanish)
|This biographical article relating to Mexican association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|