From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|President of the Regional Council of Languedoc-Roussillon|
|Preceded by||Georges Frêche|
|Succeeded by||Robert Navarro|
7 October 1954|
|Died||26 August 2014
|Political party||Socialist Party|
Christian Bourquin (French: [buʁkɛ̃]; 7 October 1954 – 26 August 2014) was a French politician, a member of the Socialist Party. He was the president of the Regional Council of Languedoc-Roussillon from 2010.
- Deputy in the French National Assembly for the 3rd canton of Pyrénées-Orientales (1997 to 2002)
- Member of the PS National Office (2005 to 2008)
- General Council of Pyrénées-Orientales Canton of Millas, from 1994 to 2010.
- Chairman of the General Council of the Pyrénées-Orientales, from 1998 to 2010.
- 1st Vice-President of the Regional Council of Languedoc-Roussillon in charge of Finance from 2004 to 2010.
- After the death of Georges Frêche, President of the Languedoc-Roussillon region, in October 2010, six months after his reelection, Christian Bourquin was elected President.
- In September 2010, Bourquin was elected as Senator for Pyrénées-Orientales constituency.
- [dead link]
- "Mairie de MILLAS". Mairie-millas.fr.
- (French) Sophie Babey, « Christian Bourquin est décédé », L'Indépendant, 26 August 2014
- "M. Christian Bourquin". Assemblee-nationale.fr.
- "Résultats des élections cantonales 2008 / Cantonales / Les résultats / Elections - Ministère de l'Intérieur" (in French). Interieur.gouv.fr. Retrieved 2014-08-26.
- [dead link]
|This article about a Socialist Party of France politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|