Cantwell at the 2010 Bislett Games.
|Born||September 30, 1980|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight||154 kg (340 lb)|
|Updated on August 15, 2012.|
Christian Cantwell (born September 30, 1980 in Jefferson City, Missouri) is a World Champion American shot putter. In his most recent appearance, he placed 4th in the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
Cantwell's personal best throw is 22.54 metres, or 73 ft 11½ in, set in Gresham, Oregon on June 5, 2004. His best outdoor season to date was 2006, in which he had 8 of the 10 longest throws in the year. He was born in Jefferson City, Missouri and attended Eldon High School in Eldon. In 2003, he attended the University of Missouri. He won a silver medal in 2008 Summer Olympics at Beijing, China on August 15, 2008 with his final throw of 21.09 metres, the gold winner was Tomasz Majewski of Poland. At the Berlin World Championships in 2009, their positions were reversed as Cantwell took gold with a throw of 22.03 metres. He won the gold medal at the 2010 World Indoor Championships. At the 2011 World Championships, he took bronze with a throw of 21.36.
- "London 2012 - Men's Shot Put". www.olympic.org. IOC. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- iaaf.org – Statistics
- Christian Cantwell Bio from the USATF
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-08-18. Retrieved 2009-08-15.
- "13th IAAF World Indoor Championships - Men's Shot Put". www.iaaf.org. IAAF. March 13, 2010. Retrieved January 4, 2015.
- "Shot Put - 13th IAAF World Championships". www.iaaf.org. IAAF. September 2, 2011. Retrieved January 4, 2015.