Christian High School San Diego
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Christian High School, part of the Christian Unified Schools of San Diego, is located in El Cajon, California. It offers a college preparatory education, with the goal to "prepare students who are academically and spiritually prepared to be a light in their community and who understand the nature of God, His Word, and the importance of impacting the world for Christ." Christian High was founded by Dr. Timothy and Beverly LaHaye in 1965.
In the first year, 1965–66, the school included grades 9-11. The school's principal was Guy East, a missionary with Wycliffe bible translators who was from Scott Memorial Baptist Church, the sponsoring church. He was in the country while on furlough. The principal from 1966-1972 was Pete Steveson. During that period, grades 7-8 and 12 were added. The first graduating class in 1967 included sixteen seniors. In those early years, the school grew from 32 students to 330 students. The school began to participate in interscholastic sports with other schools in the area. Over that time, the school added football, basketball, track, baseball, and cross country.
Students compete within the CIF league in 18 different sports.
Current sports include:
Boys': Football, Cross Country, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Track, Golf, Tennis, Swim, Wrestling, Volleyball
Girls': Volleyball, Tennis, Cross Country, Soccer, Basketball, Softball, Track, Golf, and Swim
The school campus is located at 2100 Greenfield Drive, El Cajon, CA 92019. The campus is also shared by other related institutions such as Shadow Mountain Community Church  and San Diego Christian College.
- Tony Clark, Former professional baseball player (Detroit Tigers, Boston Red Sox, New York Mets, New York Yankees, Arizona Diamondbacks, San Diego Padres)
- Jeff Robinson, Former professional baseball player (Detroit Tigers, Baltimore Orioles, Texas Rangers, Pittsburgh Pirates)
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL Network analyst and former NFL scout
- Official Christian High Website
- Christian High School Website
- Berkshire, Kim Q. (June 15, 1989). "Tony Clark to Transfer to Christian". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- Norwood, Robyn (July 17, 1988). "Opponents Know Which Jeff Robinson Is Which". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved June 29, 2014.
- Official Christian High Website http://christianunified.org/HighSchool.aspx
- Mission and Values of Christian Unified Schools http://christianunified.org/Mission.aspx
- Shadow Mountain Community Church http://shadowmountain.org/
- San Diego Christian College http://www.sdcc.edu/