21 April 1986 |
|Walk-on music||Thunderstruck by AC/DC|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|Current world ranking||39|
|BDO majors - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Winner 2012|
|World Masters||Last 16: 2011|
|Zuiderduin Masters||Last 24 Group: 2011, 2012|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 32: 2016|
|Grand Slam||Quarter Final: 2012|
|European Ch'ship||Last 32: 2014, 2015|
|UK Open||Last 16: 2014|
|Players Ch'ship Finals||Quarter Final: 2016|
|Other tournament wins|
Kist reached the last 16 of the 2011 World Masters, where he lost 2-3 against Tony West in a deciding leg having had five darts to win. After that win he was awarded a wild-card for the Zuiderduin Masters.
Kist qualified for the 2012 BDO World Championship via the International Playoffs. Kist defeated compatriot Jan Dekker 3-2 in the first round. He then defeated Belgium's Geert De Vos in the second round by a scoreline of 4-2. Kist followed this with a 5-1 quarter-final victory over good friend Alan Norris. Kist then recovered from 5-3 down in the semi-final against two-time champion Ted Hankey, who had one dart at bullseye to win the match 6-5, to reach the final. He played popular crowd favourite Tony O'Shea, who was making his second Lakeside final. Kist went into the break 4-2 up, and later went 6-2 ahead, but O'Shea mounted a comeback taking the next three sets. However, Kist held his nerve to record a 7-5 win and became the BDO World Champion, the first Dutchman and first qualifier to lift the title since Jelle Klaasen in 2006.
Kist was knocked out in the first round against Robbie Green at the 2013 BDO World Championship. After losing in the first round to James Wilson at the 2014 Championship, Kist announced he would be switching to the Professional Darts Corporation by entering their Qualifying School. 
Kist lost 5–2 to Matt Padgett in the final round of the third day, but finished in the top 24 on the Q School Order of Merit to seal a two-year PDC tour card. His first quarter-final came a month later at the fourth UK Open Qualifier where he lost 6–1 to Jamie Lewis. At the UK Open he saw off Antonio Alcinas 9–2 and survived as Vincent van der Voort missed match darts in three successive legs in the next round to win 9–8. In the fifth round, Kist was beaten 9–6 by Mervyn King. At the third Players Championship, Kist beat James Wade 6–3 to reach his first semi-final on the PDC tour where he missed four match darts against Gary Anderson and went on to lose 6–5. He let 3–1 and 5–3 leads slip in the first round of the European Championship against Mervyn King to lose 6–5. At the Grand Slam he enjoyed 5–2 and 5–1 wins over Andy Hamilton and Richie George to finish second in his group behind Phil Taylor. In the last 16, Kist started well to be 3–0 ahead of Michael Smith, but went on to be eliminated 10–5. Kist was the final qualifier for the Players Championship Finals and missed one dart at the bull to beat Anderson, instead being defeated 6–5 with an average of 100.40 to Anderson's 110.62.
Kist made his debut in the 2015 PDC World Championship after qualifying through the Pro Tour Order of Merit and was knocked out 3–1 in sets by compatriot and fellow former BDO world champion Jelle Klaasen in the first round. After his first year in the PDC he was ranked world number 45. After trailing Ian White 6–0 in the third round of the UK Open, Kist responded to send the match into a deciding leg but lost it to be eliminated 9–8. He lost in the quarter-finals of the second Players Championship 6–4 to Andrew Gilding and went a stage further at the seventh event by knocking out world number one Michael van Gerwen 6–4, but was then beaten 6–1 by Peter Wright in the semis. Kist lost 6–4 in the first round of the European Championship to Rowby-John Rodriguez.
Kist qualified for the 2016 World Championship and punished a poor performance from Justin Pipe to eliminate him 3–0, before losing 4–1 to Dave Chisnall in the second round. He could not win enough matches to qualify for the UK Open, but reached his first quarter-final of the year at the seventh Players Championship event and was beaten 6–1 by Peter Wright. At the 17th event he overcame Gary Anderson, Prakash Jiwa, Kyle Anderson, Dave Chisnall, Pipe and Mensur Suljović to play in his first PDC final, where he lost 6–1 to Michael van Gerwen. 6–4 and 6–2 victories over Ricky Evans and Dimitri Van den Bergh progressed Kist through to the third round of the Players Championship Finals. He then beat Pipe 10–6 to reach his first quarter-final major since joining the PDC and was 8–3 down to Darren Webster, before cutting it back to 8–6, but lost 10–6.
Kist's nickname of "The Lipstick" was suggested by Bobby George for three reasons: the name "Kist" sounding like "kissed", the fact that the treble 20 is referred to by players as "the lipstick" as it is coloured red, and the fact that Kist has an unusual habit of opening his mouth during every throw similar to fellow professional players Colin Monk and Shayne Burgess.
Kist was a road worker by trade before becoming a professional darts player.
World Championship results
- 2012: Winner (beat Tony O'Shea 7–5)
- 2013: First round (lost to Robbie Green 1–3)
- 2014: First round (lost to James Wilson 1–3)
- 2015: First round (lost to Jelle Klaasen 1–3)
- 2016: Second round (lost to Dave Chisnall 1–4)
- 2017: First round (lost to Brendan Dolan 1–3)
BDO major finals: 1 (1 title)
|Outcome||No.||Year||Championship||Opponent in the final||Score|
|Winner||1.||2012||World Darts Championship||Tony O'Shea||7–5 (s)|
WDF major finals: 1 (1 runner-up)
|Outcome||No.||Year||Championship||Opponent in the final||Score|
|Runner-up||1.||2012||Europe Cup Singles||Gary Stone||4–7 (s)|
- "Christian Kist makes his debut on the zuiderduin masters stage". World Darts Federation. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Qualifier Kist takes BDO crown RTÉ Sport, 15 January 2012
- BDO World Championship: John Walton out in first round BBC Sport, 8 January 2012
- BDO World Championships: Ted Hankey knocks out Scott Waites BBC Sport, 11 January 2012
- BDO World Championships: Hankey reaches Lakeside last four BBC Sport, 13 January 2012
- "BDO World Championship: Ted Hankey quits BDO after defeat". BBC Sport. 14 January 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Christian Kist beats favourite Tony O'Shea to win BDO world title at Frimley Green The Telegraph, 15 January 2012
- BDO World Championship: Christian Kist beats O'Shea to win title BBC Sport, 15 January 2012
- "Christian Kist: Former BDO champion seeks PDC switch". BBC Sport. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Tour Card Qualifying School Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "2014 PDC Qualifying School Day Four". PDC. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Dolan Takes Qualifier Four In Wigan". PDC. Retrieved 22 February 2014.
- "Coral UK Open - Saturday Afternoon". PDC. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Coral UK Open - Saturday Evening". PDC. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Anderson Pips Taylor In Crawley". PDC. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "888.com European Championship Day One". PDC. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "2014 Grand Slam Of Darts Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "SINGHA Beer Grand Slam - Thursday". PDC. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Cash Converters PCF Day One". PDC. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "William Hill World Championship Day One". PDC. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Order of Merit on 5 January 2015". PDC. Archived from the original on 8 January 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2015.
- "Coral UK Open Third Round". PDC. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "2015 PDPA Players Championship Barnsley Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "Nine-Dart Wright's Coventry Triumph". PDC. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "2015 European Championship Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- "2016 PDC World Championship Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Price Is Wright For Gerwyn In Barnsley". PDC. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Invincible Run Continues For MvG". PDC. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Brilliant van Gerwen Wins Again". PDC. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "William Hill World Championship Day Six". PDC. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Kist v De Vos: Dutchman To Kist The Lipstick". Darts Betting News. Okan Internet Ltd. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Profile for Christian Kist Lakeside World Darts
- Christian slays Silverback 7-5 in thriller Archived December 8, 2014, at the Wayback Machine. British Darts Organisation, 15 January 2012
- KIST GOODBYE Archived January 7, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. British Darts Organisation, 5 January 2013
- Player profile on Christian Kist from Dartsdatabase