Christian Friedrich Krattenthaler (born 8 October 1958 in Vienna) is an Austrian mathematician. He is a professor of discrete mathematics (with a focus on combinatorics) and the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics at the University of Vienna.
He received his doctoral degree sub auspiciis Praesidentis rei publicae at the University of Vienna in 1983 under Johann Cigler with the dissertation Lagrangeformel und inverse Relationen (Lagrangian formula and inverse relations). Krattenthaler worked at various universities, including the University of California, San Diego, the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute in Berkeley, California, the University of Strasbourg, and the Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 before being appointed to a professorship at the University of Vienna.
Krattenthaler won in 1990 the Prize of the Austrian Mathematical Society and in 2007 the Wittgenstein Award of the Austrian Science Fund. He was elected in 2005 a corresponding member of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, in 2011 a full member of the Academia Europaea, and in 2012 a Fellow of the American Mathematical Society.
- Christian Friedrich Krattenthaler at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Christian Krattenthaler's home page
- Christian Krattenthaler, Wittgensteinpreis TrägerInnen Club, Internet Wayback Machine
- "Christian Krattenthaler, ÔAW-Mitglieder". Österreichische Akademie der Wissenschaften (Austrian Academy of Sciences).
- Krattenthaler, Christian (2014). "Mathematik und Musik?" (PDF). Mitteilungen der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung. 22 (4): 235–250.
- "Christian Krattenthaler - Determinants and Pfaffians in Enumerative Combinatorics (2011)". YouTube. 17 November 2017.
- "Christian Krattenthaler - Combinatorics of Discrete Lattice Models (2012)". YouTube. 24 August 2015.
- "UF - Alladi 60 - Christian Krattenthaler". YouTube. 10 June 2016. (2016 International Conference of Number Theory in honor of Krishna Alladi's 60th birthday)