|Archbishop of Montreal|
|Appointed||20 March 2012|
|Installed||27 April 2012|
|Other post(s)||Auxiliary Bishop of Montreal (2011–2012)|
|Ordination||7 September 1983|
|Consecration||10 September 2011|
by Jean-Claude Turcotte
|Coat of arms|
Before entering the seminary, the Quebecois Lépine studied at the Collège militaire royal de Saint-Jean and École Polytechnique de Montréal. He was ordained a priest on 7 September 1983. He studied theology at the Université de Montréal and philosophy at the Gregorian University in Rome from 1986 to 1989. He served as secretary to Cardinal Jean-Claude Turcotte from 1996 until going in 1998 to work at the Secretariat of State and later at the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments. From 2001 to 2006 he was a member of the formation staff of the major seminary in Montreal, before becoming pastor of Notre-Dame-des-Champs and Purification-de-la-Vierge-Marie-Bienheureuse.
On 11 July 2011, he was named Auxiliary Bishop of Montreal and Titular Bishop of Zabi, and on 10 September he was consecrated by Cardinal Turcotte. He served as Episcopal Vicar to Family and Youth.
On 20 March 2012, less than a year later, he was appointed to succeed Cardinal Turcotte, who had reached the age of retirement the previous year, and at an 8 a.m. meeting of the College of Consultors on the same day he took canonical possession of the see. A public installation took place on 27 April 2012.
- "RINUNCIA DELL'ARCIVESCOVO METROPOLITA DI MONTRÉAL (CANADA) E NOMINA DEL SUCCESSORE". Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- "press.catholica.va/news_services/bulletin/news/27814.php?index…". 14 July 2012. Archived from the original on 14 July 2012.
- "Archbishop", Archdiocese of Montreal
- "Fr. Christian Lépine named auxiliary bishop – Catholic Church of Montreal". diocesemontreal.org. Archived from the original on 4 November 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2012.
- Media related to Christian Lépine at Wikimedia Commons