Christian Medical and Dental Associations
|Motto||Changing Hearts in Healthcare|
|Gloria M. Halverson, MD|
|Mike Chupp, MD, FACS, FCS (ECSA) (CEO)|
The Christian Medical & Dental Associations ® (CMDA) is made up of the Christian Medical Association and the Christian Dental Association. As of 2018, CMDA had over 19,000 members. It is the United States affiliate of the International Christian Medical & Dental Associations.
The membership consists of physicians, dentists, and other allied health professionals. CMDA "sponsors overseas medical mission projects, provides members with a network for fellowship and professional growth, finances student campus ministries in medical and dental schools, publishes educational/inspirational materials, hosts marriage and family conferences, offers continuing education for missionary doctors, and develops overseas academic exchange programs". In addition, "Christian Medical & Dental Associations (CMDA) works on 270 medical/dental school campuses with over five thousand students."
Members of the Christian Medical & Dental Associations are from various political and religious movements, such as evangelicalism, in addition to several Christian denominations including Baptists, Anglicans, Lutherans, Catholics, Methodists, Presbyterians and Orthodox. These CMDA affiliated health professionals can be found by health consumers using a "doctor's search" public database hosted on the national CMDA web site.
The Christian Medical Association's Washington office provides a national voice for members on public policy issues such as health care, conscience rights, human trafficking, international health, abortion, HIV-AIDS, sexual orientation/gender identity, human cloning, abstinence, stem cell research, assisted suicide, among other issues.
The Washington office links members with Congress, the White House, federal agencies and policy organizations; provides congressional testimony; presents pro-life perspectives through the national media; and publishes resources on vital issues.
The Washington office also directs the Freedom2Care (www.Freedom2Care.org) coalition of over 50 organizations to advance conscience rights in health care.
- American Scientific Affiliation (US)
- Christian Legal Society (US)
- Christian Medical and Dental Fellowship of Australia (Oceania)
- Christian Medical Association of India (Hindustan)
- Christian Medical and Dental Society (Canada)
- Christian Medical Fellowship (UK)
- Christians in Science (UK)
- Society of Ordained Scientists (International)
- The BioLogos Foundation (International)
- The Veritas Forum (International)
- Cavalcanti, H. B. (2007). Gloryland: Christian Suburbia, Christian Nation. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 37. ISBN 9780313348129.
Take the Christian Medical and Dental Associations (CMDA), for example. One of the oldest professional associations in America, the CMDA boasts a 19,000-member roll. It sponsors overseas medical mission projects, provides members with a network for fellowship and professional growth, finances student campus ministries in medical and dental schools, publishes educational/inspirational materials, hosts marriage and family conferences, offers continuing education for missionary doctors, and develops overseas academic exchange programs. For those seeking a Christian physician, the CMDA offers a "Christian doctor search engine."
- Koenig, Harold G (15 August 2009). Faith and Mental Health: Religious Resources for Healing. Templeton Foundation Press. p. 224. ISBN 9781599470788.
The Christian Medical Association (CMA) and the Christian Dental Association (CDA) are combined under this umbrella organization. CMDA has a number of goals that include taking positions and addressing policies on health care issues; conducting overseas medical evangelism projects through its mission arm, Global Health Outreach; coordinating a network of Christian doctors for fellowship and professional growth; sponsoring student ministries in medical and dental schools; distributing educational and inspirational resources; hosting marriage and family conferences; providing Third World missionary doctors with continuing education resources; and conducting academic exchange programs overseas.
- Eric, Huang; Chung, Richard (25 March 2014). Beyond Studying: A Guide to Faith, Life, and Learning for Students in Health-Care Professions. WestBow Press. p. 1. ISBN 9781490829982.
Christian Medical and Dental Associations (CMDA) works on 242 medical/dental school campuses with over ten thousand students.
- Cutrer, William R.; Glahn, Sandra L. (2005). The Contraception Guidebook. Zondervan. p. 193. ISBN 9780310254072. Retrieved 17 July 2014.