Christian J. Miele
|Member of the Maryland House of Delegates|
from the 8th district
January 14, 2015 – January 9, 2019
|Preceded by||Joseph Boteler|
|Succeeded by||Joseph Boteler & Harry Bhandari|
|Born||February 28, 1981|
Red Bank, New Jersey
|Spouse(s)||Jessica M. Miele|
|Education||Towson University (BS, MA)|
Emory University (JD)
Christian Joseph Miele (born February 28, 1981) is an American lawyer and politician. He was a member of the Maryland House of Delegates from January 14, 2015 to January 9, 2019. Miele is currently serving as Deputy Secretary of the Maryland Department of Disabilities in the administration of Governor Larry Hogan, having been appointed to this post on January 9, 2019.
Family and education
Miele was born in Red Bank, New Jersey to an Italian-American father. He has one brother.  He graduated St. John Vianney High School in Holmdel Township, New Jersey. He earned both a Bachelor of Science degree in 2004 and a Master of Arts degree from Towson University where he was a member of Sigma Pi fraternity. His BS is in Political Science and his MA is in Professional Studies. He earned a JD degree from the Emory University School of Law in 2014. While at Emory, he was a member of Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity, editor-in-chief of the Emory Corporate Governance and Accountability Review, and president of the Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies. He is married to Dr. Jessica M. Miele. He is also a member of the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons.
Miele worked as an expansion consultant for Sigma Pi Fraternity from 2004 to 2005. He was the Coordinator for Fraternity and Sorority Life at Towson University from 2006 to 2010. He has also served as a Project Manager for Sequel Design Associates, inc. During law school, he was as a judicial intern for Judge Glenn T. Harrell, Jr. of the Maryland Court of Appeals, the state's highest court.
Miele is a Republican who represents Legislative District 8 in Baltimore County. He serves on the House Health and Government Operations Committee and the legislature's Joint Committee on Behavioral Health and Opioid Use Disorders. Miele also serves as chairman of the Baltimore County House Delegation's Public Safety Committee.
- 2014 General Election for Maryland House of Delegates - District 8 
- Voters to choose up to three:
Name Votes Percent Outcome Christian Miele, Rep 20,164 19.4% Won John W. E. Cluster, Jr., Rep. 19,938 19.2% Won Eric M. Bromwell, Dem. 17,361 16.7% Won Bill Paulshock 15,899 15.3% Lost Norma Secoura 15,660 15.1% Lost Renee Smith 14,704 14.2% Lost Other Write-Ins 87 0.1% Lost
- 2018 General Election for Maryland Senate - District 8
Name Votes Percent Outcome Katherine Klausmeier, Dem. 24,332 51.1% Won Christian Miele, Rep 23,271 48.8% Lost
- "Former Delegates: Christian J. Miele". Maryland.gov.
- Hicks, Josh (June 9, 2017). "Hogan makes first 2018 endorsement at rally for state Senate candidate". Washington Post. Washington, DC. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- "Christian Miele's Biography". votesmart.org.
- "About Christian". ChristianMiele.org.
- Dresser, Michael (June 10, 2017). "Hogan, GOP take aim at Democratic dominance of Maryland legislature". The Baltimore Sun. Baltimore, Maryland. Retrieved October 23, 2017.
- "Official 2018 Gubernatorial General Election results for State Senator". The Maryland State Board of Elections.
- "House of Delegates Results". Maryland State Board of Elections. Retrieved August 15, 2018