|Born||1946 (age 70–71)|
|Known for||Owner, Dominus Estate|
|Title||president, Établissements Jean-Pierre Moueix|
Christian Moueix (French: [mu.ɛks]; born 1946) is a French winemaker and the president of the négociant house Établissements Jean-Pierre Moueix in Libourne, overseeing production in several estates in Saint-Émilion and Pomerol including Château Pétrus and Château Trotanoy. He has managed the company since his father Jean-Pierre Moueix stepped down in 1978.
Moueix also owns Dominus Estate in Napa Valley, California. Upon a recommendation by Robert Mondavi to establish production in Napa Valley, Moueix entered into a partnership with Robin Lail and Marcia Smith in 1982 on the historic Napanook Vineyards estate and became the sole owner of the property in 1995.
Moueix is married to Cherise, and they have two children, Edouard, who has worked for JPM since about 2005, and Charlotte, a wildlife vet in South Africa.
Moueix and his wife Cherise are well-known art collectors. In 2014, she sold Mark Rothko's No. 6 (Violet, Green and Red) to Yves Bouvier through an intermediary for $80 million plus an unspecified commission, which Bouvier then sold to Dmitry Rybolovlev for €140 million.
- Murphy, Linda San Francisco Chronicle (February 3, 2005). "MoueiX Files". The San Francisco Chronicle.
- "interview: Christian Moueix". Decanter. 2015-03-26. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- Apstein, Michael, Wine Review Online (August 30, 2005). "A Conversation with Christian Moueix". Archived from the original on April 6, 2008.
- Prial, Frank J. The New York Times (March 9, 1988). "Wine Talk".
- Apstein, Michael, Wine Review Online (September 27, 2005). "A Conversation with Christian Moueix, Part II: Dominus Estate". Archived from the original on February 26, 2008.
- Lechmere, Adam, Decanter.com (March 4, 2008). "Moueix named Decanter Man of the Year".
- "A $186 Million Rothko Pits Russian Tycoon Against Art Merchant". Bloomberg. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
|This wine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|