Christian Perez (darts player)
17 January 1982 |
Koronadal, South Cotabato
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 64: 2010, 2012|
|Other tournament wins|
In October 2009, Perez reached the final of the Shanghai International Darts Open, losing 10–4 to John Part. He later qualified for the 2010 PDC World Darts Championship where he defeated Denmark's Per Laursen 4–3 in the preliminary round. In the first round against Robert Thornton, Perez won the first set but eventually lost 3–1.
Perez again qualified for the PDC World Championship in 2012 after defeating Bobong Gabiana in the final of the Philippines qualifier. He won through the preliminary round where he beat Dietmar Burger 4 legs to 0, setting up a first round match with Alan Tabern, which he then lost 3 sets to 1 on the same day.
Perez represented the Philippines with Lourence Ilagan in the 2012 PDC World Cup of Darts and together they were beaten 5–3 by the United States in the first round. In December he lost in the final of the Soft Tip World Championship to Takehiro Suzuki of Japan. He was due to play with Ilagan once more in the 2013 World Cup of Darts but they were forced to withdraw due to travel problems. In October, he won the third Soft Tip Dartslive event in Hong King by seeing off Ilagan in the final. Perez progressed to the final of the Grand Final for the second year in a row where Ilagan exacted revenge by defeating him 4–1.
In September 2014, Perez won the South Asian Qualifier for the 2015 World Championship with a 5–2 victory over Bryan Eribal. He played Spain's Cristo Reyes in the preliminary round and was whitewashed 4–0.
World Championship results
- 2010: First round (lost to Robert Thornton 1–3)
- 2012: First round (lost to Alan Tabern 1–3)
- 2015: Preliminary round (lost to Cristo Reyes 0–4 in legs)
- Trio Secure World Championship Spots PDC.tv
- "Cash Converters World Cup RD1". PDC. 3 February 2012. Archived from the original on 6 February 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "2012 World Soft Darts World Championship Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Italy To Replace Philippines". PDC. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "2013 Soft Tip Dartslive Hong Kong Player Prize Money". Darts Database. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Ilagan Claims DARTSLIVE Title". PDC. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Filipino darter makes it to world tourney". philstar.com. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "William Hill World Championship Day One". PDC. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- Player profile on Christian Perez from Dartsdatabase
|This biographical article related to darts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|