|Born||February 13, 1966|
|Occupation||Headhunter, Futurist, Author|
|Website||Christian Schoyen Home Page|
Christian Schoyen (born February 13, 1966) is a headhunter, expert in human behavior and futurist with speciality in human behavior futurology. He has since 1997 been the CEO for a successful international headhunting company that he founded, with offices in the U.S. and Europe.
On October 7, 2015 Christian received the honorary award;‘Recognition of Your Contribution to the Community’  from Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman and the City Council as the founder for Heroes United and his work in Sierra Oeste.
On November 14, 2014 the film Vegas Vikings  by Christian Schoyen was announced as the Best Nevada Film for 2014  by the Nevada International Film Festival, then on May 1, 2015 as winner of the 2015 Golden Palm Award at Mexico International Film Festival and on May 5, 2015 as winner of the Golden Kahuna Award  at Honolulu Film Awards. The Vegas Vikings film  documents the activities conducted in Las Vegas over 21 field days by Schoyen, taken place over a time period of two years, starting with Introduction of the Leif Erikson Day and ending with the Hometown Heroes United project in Sierra Oeste, which resulted in violent crime being reduced with 75%. Christian said in an interview with Las Vegas Review Journal;” Making the community safer helped bring the neighborhood together. To us, it’s been exciting that we’ve been able to change a situation that’s been so bleak.”  In an interview with Romerikes Blad, Schoyen said;“ The success we achieved in Sierra Oeste means a lot to not just Nevada and Las Vegas, but also to the rest of America, as we through this collaborative initiative have proven what is possible, and that our blue-print can be applied to also other US cities.“ 
On December 19, 2013 the parade and block party for the children of Sierra Oeste took place, launching the initiative of Hometown Heroes United, a group with Christian Schoyen as the project director, formed by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and Hometown Heroes to fight crime and improve the conditions for children in poverty. The block party which had Christmas music, free food, gifts and a drawing contest gathered hundreds of children in Sierra Oeste, which is considered to be the most dangerous place to live in Las Vegas. Over several weeks Christian and others involved in the project knocked on every door to get to know the families and better understand what troubles the community. Christian said in an interview with Las Vegas Review Journal;” We want to reduce crime and reach out to the children. We hope to bring a strong community spirit to the area, something that is vital for children to thrive and to break the cycle of violence that has plagued the neighborhood for years and hope we can alter that life path. Transforming a neighborhood known to many as the “baby ghetto” won’t be easy. A drastic situation needs drastic measures."
On October 8, 2013 the Hometown Heroes Leif Erikson Awards took place at South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa in Las Vegas hosted by Christian Schoyen with awards presented by Las Vegas Mayor Pro Tem Stavros Anthony, where the good deeds of nine Nevadans where recognized with the Hometown Heroes Leif Erikson Award and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department with the Leif Erikson “Viking of honor” lifetime award. The recipients have been featured on the “Hometown Heroes” television show appearing on KCLV Channel 2. The celebration of the modern day Vikings of Las Vegas was done in conjunction with the 50-year celebration of when Leif Erikson Day was first suggested in Congress as a national observance.
On April 29, 2013 Hometown Heroes (talk show), hosted by Christian, which spotlights individuals in the Las Vegas community, who have made a difference in others' lives premiered on KCLV Channel 2. Christian said in an interview with Las Vegas Review Journal; “I’m out to raise the social consciousness of the community by highlighting those who help others”. I found the same patterns in every person I interviewed for the show. They all had a mental fortitude that shrugged off temporary setbacks to continue moving forward. They saw their work not as a chore, but as their passion. With any recognition, they were quick to deflect the praise and characterize it as a team effort. They were meant to be here in Las Vegas. They’re high-energy, driven people who feel a responsibility to help others.” “I hope by showcasing people who have helped others, “Hometown Heroes” could inspire more people to become role models.
On October 3, 2012 Christian accepted from Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn G. Goodman on behalf of the Vegas Viking Lodge. of Sons of Norway and the more than 50,000 Scandinavians in Las Vegas proclamation of October 9 being the official Leif Erikson Day throughout the city. The ceremony took place at City Hall and was televised live on KCLV Channel 2. To nurture the core Viking traits in children growing up in Las Vegas represented by Leif Erikson’s legacy a drawing competition sponsored by Vegas Viking lodge was in conjunction with the day announced. The lodge works with the Clark County School District and Christian said in an interview with Las Vegas Review-Journal ; "We can influence young minds, especially when they're the most open (under age 12) as eighty-five percent of your conditioning is fixed before you're 12. We want to further the understanding of what it meant to be a Viking and how that approach to life can apply to their lives. The Vikings represent role models, and we believe everybody needs role models. What stops people is fear; if you can overcome fear, your potential as a human being is much greater; it can open doors."
In 2011, Christian's futuring project; "Las Vegas 2020" was selected for presentation at World Future Society international Conference in Vancouver, Canada. The project which was done in conjunction with futurist Nils Rasmussen introduced a new model for city government, together with a vision of how to ensure optimal allocation of resources to provide a higher quality of life for the citizens of Las Vegas.
He has written several books, this including; Can People Change? - When trapped in a bubble, which has its basis in his 17-year study in human behavior and predictability. His docudrama Living the Dream linking childhood conditioning to adulthood  plays an important part of his behavior study. Christian is also the author of the US bestselling book for companies on how to recruit; Secrets of the Executive Search Experts, The Hidden Job Market: Secrets of an International Headhunter, Recruitment in the European Economic Area (EEA): Forecast of Future Labour Market (The Norwegian Government Research Council/ ISBN 978-1-4675-2151-2), How to Get the Job: A Handbook for International Job Seekers and A Second Life: Your Second Chance at Life.
|2013||Hometown Heroes (talk show)||No||Yes||Yes|
|2006||Living the Dream||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|2006||Living the Dream: Behind the Scenes||No||Yes||Yes|
|2004||The Corner Office||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- Neighborhood Rescue 101: How to fix low-income Black and Hispanic communities (GAIA 2017). Softcover: 200 pages. ISBN 978-1-4675-8682-5
- Change Your Life Change the World (GAIA 2015). Hardcover: 340 pages. ISBN 978-1495164804
- The Life Trilogy (GAIA, 2013). Hardcover: 816 pages. ISBN 978-146755759-7
- The Hidden Job Market: Secrets of an International Headhunter (GAIA, 2013). Kindle: 60 pages. ISBN 978-1-4675-6048-1
- Can People Change?: When trapped in a bubble (GAIA, 2012). Softcover: 182 pages. ISBN 978-1467532358
- A First Life: Why you keep repeating the same mistakes (GAIA, 2012). Softcover: 144 pages. ISBN 978-1-4675-3183-2
- A Third Life: Glimpses of the Other Side (GAIA, 2010). Softcover: 274 pages. ISBN 978-0-615-40106-5
- A Second Life: Your Second Chance at Life (GAIA, 2009). Softcover: 290 pages. ISBN 978-0-578-02610-7
- Secrets of the Executive Search Experts (AMACOM, 1999) with Nils Rasmussen. Hardcover: 352 pages. ISBN 978-0-8144-0495-9
- How to Get a Job: A Handbook for International Job Seekers (Ad Notam Gyldendal, 1994). Softcover: 320 pages. ISBN 978-82-417-0376-8
- Recruitment in the European Economic Area (EEA): Forecast of Future Labour Market (The Research Council of Norway, 1994). Softcover: 117 pages. ISBN 978-1-4675-2151-2
- "Kløfta-mann lagde Hollywood-film" [LaSalle man made Hollywood movie] (in Norwegian Bokmål). rb.no. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- http://www5.lasvegasnevada.gov/sirepub/cache/2/3pqs1hdbjuklq1mjcbusdjc0/1068986510192015071510558.PDF[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-23. Retrieved 2014-12-24.
- http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/sierre-oeste-has-seen-less-crime-more-community-year-photos .
- Lochheadlas, Colton (2013-12-20). "Police, community mobilize to push back crime in northwest community". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Las Vegas News Video". 8 News NOW. 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Mayor Pro Tem Stavros S. Anthony (Official City of Las Vegas Web Site)". Lasvegasnevada.gov. 2009-06-02. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Vegas Viking Lodge of the Sons of Norway (2013-10-09). "Las Vegas Celebrates 'Leif Erikson Day'" (Press release). Las Vegas Sun News. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- http://www.vegasviking.com/pdf/VegasVikingNovDec2013.pdf[permanent dead link]
- Jan Hogan (2013-06-14). "TV program turns spotlight on community heroes". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "HOMETOWN HEROES - LAS VEGAS Premiers on KCLV Channel 2 on April 29th at 10:15 AM". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Vegas Viking Lodge of the Sons of Norway (2012-10-01). "Mayor Goodman Proclaims Oct. 9 'Leif Erikson Day' — Las Vegas Sun News" (Press release). Lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "City Council To Recognize Leif Erikson Day (Official City of Las Vegas Web Site)". Lasvegasnevada.gov. 2012-10-02. Archived from the original on 2013-10-19. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Jan Hogan (2012-10-30). "Viking Lodge reaches out to younger generation through Leif Erikson-based contest". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Las Vegas 2020 | World Future Society". Wfs.org. Archived from the original on 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Christian Schoyen, Christin Tellefsen (2012-06-24). Can People Change? -When Trapped in a Bubble. ISBN 9781467532358. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "Living The Dream: Sean Young, Christian Schoyen, Danny Trejo, Marília Pêra, Matt Dallas, Dan Stulbach, Jeff Conaway, Kristian Valen, Larry Drake, Allen Levin, Matthew Lussier, Christin Tellefsen, Allan Fiterman, Barrett Dungy, Chris Matonti, Luis Fernandez Reneo: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Christian Schoyen, Nils Rasmussen (1999). Secrets of the Executive Search Experts. Amacom Books. ISBN 9780814404959. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- THE HIDDEN JOB MARKET - Secrets of an international headhunter eBook: Christian Schoyen: Kindle Store. Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Christian Schoyen. How to Get a Job: A Handbook for International Job Seekers. Christian Schoyen. ISBN 9788241703768. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Christian Schoyen, Christin Tellefsen (2009-06-04). A SECOND LIFE: Your second chance at life. Gaia. ISBN 9780578026107.