Christian Service University College
Christian Service University College logo
|Motto||To Know Christ Better And To Make Him Better Known|
|Chairman||Rt. Rev. Prof. Safo-Kantanka|
|President||Prof.Samuel Kofi Afrane|
|Vice-president||Prof. Stephen Emmanuel Owusu|
|Address||Christian Service University College
P. O. Box 3110
Kumasi, Ghana, Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana
|Colors||Blue and white|
|Affiliations||Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology, University Of Ghana,Legon, Eastern University,USA.|
The Christian Service University College is one of the university colleges accredited by the National Accreditation Board in the past decade. It is also accredited by the Accrediting Council for Theological Education in Africa. It is affiliated to the University of Ghana and the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities. It is located in Kumasi, the second largest city in Ghana.
The college began as a merger of two visions in January 1974. A group of Ghanaian Christians had a vision of an interdenominational, evangelical institution of a high academic standard, which would train men and women for all types of Christian Ministry. The second group comprised expatriate missionaries who had a vision of an institution to train workers from the well-established church in southern Ghana for a thrust into northern Ghana and neighboring countries where the church was small.
Evangelical Christianity in Ghana in the late 1960s and 1970s was characterized, among other things, by intimate interaction and collaboration and blurring of denominational, mission and group distinctions. The Worldwide Evangelization for Christ (WEC), which was one of the missionary groups in the second group of missionaries, had acquired property in Kumasi on which they had built four dwelling houses and a radio studio with plans to construct a large building to serve as the beginning of a training college. Soon the two visions merged.
In October 1974, the first residential classes started with four students and the college went from strength to strength and has now become an evangelical Christian university college.
The university is based on a main campus within Kumasi, the capital of the Ashanti Region.
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology (full-time)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (full-time/part-time)
- Diploma in Biblical Studies (full-time, two years)
- Diploma in Ministry (modular)
- Diploma in Theology (part-time, two years)
- Certificate in Biblical Studies (part-time, two years)
- Certificate in Institutional Planning and Management
- Bachelor in communication studies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer science
- Bachelor Of Science In Information Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry with Management
- Master of Science in Accounting and Finance
- Master of Science in Monitoring and Evaluation
Students and faculty
The university has 30 academic and 55 administrative and support staff. The student population has now increased into the thousands.
Students' Representative Council
- "Accredited Institutions - University Colleges". Official Website. National Accreditation Board. Retrieved 2007-03-22.
- "Christian Service University". Official Website. Christian Service University College. Retrieved 2007-03-22.
- "About us". Official Website. Chritian Service University College Students' Representative Council. Retrieved 2007-03-22.