He is mainly known for his motion capture animation feature film Renaissance, with the voices of Daniel Craig, Romola Garai, Jonathan Pryce, and Ian Holm, which won the Feature Film Award at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival. in 2006 and Best Feature Film at the 5th Festival of European Animated Feature Films and TV Specials in 2007. The film, distributed by Miramax, received mixed reviews.
His other film work includes music videos and two shorts, Le cobaye, which received a Prix du Jury at Annecy in 1995, and Maaz, which has been shown at nearly 100 festivals and won 30 prizes , including two for sound.
Volckman has directed several music videos, including "Miss Chang" and " Once upon a Time" for the group Chinese Man. "Paris sera toujours Paris", "Sous le ciel de Paris" et "Champs Elysées" for the singer ZAZ. "Requiem" for Alma, the song represents France at the Eurovision 2017.
He is developing two other films: Rapaces ("Predator") produced by Oriflammes Films, and The Kid produced by Bidibul productions and Superprod.
- 1998: LE COBAYE
- 1999 : MAAZ (short film ; director, writer)
- 2006 : RENAISSANCE (feature film ; director, art designer)
- 2006/2017 : Music Videos for Chineseman, Zaz, Pep's, Alma.
- 2006/2017 : Art films for ©®
- 2017 : THE ROOM (in production)
- 2018 : RAPACES (in production)
- 2020: THE KID (animated feature film in production)
- THEFLOW ©®
- Christian Volckman at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Christian Volckman
- "Annecy 2006 Award Winning Films". annecy.org. Retrieved 5 December 2006.
- KAFF 2007 Díjak (English: "KAFF 2007 Awards"). Kecskeméti Animáció Film Fesztivál. 2007.
- "reviews for Renaissance". imdb.com. Retrieved 5 December 2006.
|1994||Le cobaye||Director, Writer||Student short film|
|1999||Maaz||Director, Writer, Producer, Actor: Maaz||Short film|
|2003||The Man Without a Face||Poster Designer||Short film|
|2006||Renaissance||Director, Original Production Designer||Feature film|
|2006-2017||Music Videos for Zaz, Chineseman, Pep's, Alma||Director, Original Production Designer||Music Video|
|2018||The Room||Writer, Director, Original Production Designer||Feature film|