May 8, 1974|
Burlington, Vermont, USA
|Other names||Maxx Diesel, Christian|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight||245 lb (111 kg; 17.5 st)|
Christian XXX or Christian (born May 8, 1974) is the stage name of an American pornographic actor and producer. He was known as Maxx Diesel during the beginning of his career when he performed in gay porn, appearing in over 3000 scenes in transgender and straight erotica and winning four AVN Awards since then. He was the main producer/director for the company Naughty America from 2009-2011. He was inducted into the AVN Hall of Fame in 2017
Early life and education
Christian was born in Burlington, Vermont. At a young age, he moved to the San Antonio, Texas area with his family. Both his parents were in the U.S. Air Force and he has two younger brothers. Christian attended Tarleton State University and played basketball there for one year before returning home and transferring to University of Texas at San Antonio and walking-on their basketball team. He graduated in 1997 with a bachelor's degree in history.
After finishing his bachelor's, he went to graduate school and was an assistant basketball coach at University of the Incarnate Word for a year and then at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. He returned home to finish his coursework in education and had a series of teaching jobs. He lived in Lake Jackson, Texas, coached basketball, and taught history at Brazoswood High School for two years before moving to Las Vegas, Nevada to become a nightclub bouncer in 2002.
Christian was dating the pornographic actress, Lovette, and performed an amateur production with her in 1999. In 2003, he contacted director Chi Chi LaRue, in an attempt to enter the heterosexual adult film industry. LaRue, who also directed gay pornography for Falcon Entertainment, asked Christian if he would be interested in performing in homosexual movies instead. Christian agreed since male performers tend to be paid more in gay pornography, as much as $2000 for one scene, compared to heterosexual scenes. Christian signed an exclusive contract with Falcon Studios working under the name Maxx Diesel.
In 2004, he started performing in transgender and heterosexual scenes under the name of "Christian XXX". His resume included performing with transsexuals and females. He has said in interviews that he enjoyed his time working in gay porn but employers in the straight porn industry made this very difficult to continue working in both genres. He became one of the most prolific performers in straight and transgender porn since 2004.
In 2012 he began his own websites and subsequently stopped performing for other companies. He now only films for the four websites that he owns.
He has a blog up about his life in the business titled, Christian Sings the Blues. He explained the title as a joke, "I complain about my life where I get laid every day and make good money and only work about four hours." He has a second blog called Porn Star Luggage where he discusses the various things porn stars bring with them to set.
- 2007 AVN Award for Best Group Scene - Fashionistas 2
- 2008 AVN Award for Best Group Scene - Debbie Does Dallas ... Again
- 2008 Tranny Award for Best Non-Transsexual Performer
- 2009 AVN Award for Most Outrageous Sex Scene - Night of the Giving Head
- 2011 Tranny Award for Best Non-Transsexual Performer
- 2013 AVN Award for Best Transsexual Sex Scene - American Tranny 2
- 2013 Tranny Award for Best Non-Transsexual Performer
- 2013 Transgender Film Festival for Best Male Performance in a Long Clip - Forbidden Lovers
- 2017 AVN Hall of Fame
- "Seymour Butts (cancelled) - Walk Down Memory Lane - Christian Sings The Blues". Cwians.typepad.com. 2008-02-08. Retrieved 2015-09-15.
- Christian XXX at the Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved on 2008-05-28.
- Christian XXX Featured in Village Voice - XBIZ.com Archived 2014-11-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- village voice > people > Pucker Up: Lightning Rod, Part 1 by Tristan Taormino Archived June 11, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- AVN :: Christian XXX Sings the Blues Archived 2008-05-12 at the Wayback Machine.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners 2007". AVN.com. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "AVN Awards Past Winners 2008". AVN.com. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Tranny Awards 2008 Winners".
- "AVN Awards Past Winners 2009". AVN.com. Archived from the original on December 12, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Tranny Awards 2011 Winners".
- "AVN Awards Past Winners 2013". AVN.com. Archived from the original on December 12, 2013. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Tranny Awards 2013 Winners".
- "Nica Noelle's transgender-focused film Forbidden Lovers sweeps porn awards around the world". Retrieved June 22, 2016.
- "Class of 2017: The AVN Hall of Fame's Newest Inductees". Adult Video News. Retrieved 2 January 2017.