Christiane F. (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo: Original Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album to the film Christiane F., Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo by David Bowie|
|Genre||Rock, art rock|
41:38 (LP version)41:50 (CD version)
RCA Victor (1981 issue)EMI (2001 re-issue)
|Producer||David Bowie, Harry Maslin, Tony Visconti|
|David Bowie chronology|
Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo is a soundtrack album by David Bowie, released on LP in 1981 by RCA Victor (and re-issued on CD by EMI in 2001), for the movie about Christiane F. The German title of the film, Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo, means "We children of Zoo Station", referring to the railway station in Berlin, Germany.
All lyrics written by David Bowie (with German lyrics by Maas on Track 3); all music composed by David Bowie except where noted.
- "V-2 Schneider" (Instrumental) – 3:09
- "TVC 15" – 3:29
- "Heroes/Helden" (Bowie, Brian Eno) – 6:01
- "Boys Keep Swinging" (Bowie, Eno) – 3:16
- "Sense of Doubt" (Instrumental) – 3:56
- "Station to Station" (live) – 8:42
- "Look Back in Anger" (Bowie, Eno) – 3:06
- "Stay" – 3:20
- "Warszawa" (Instrumental) (Bowie, Eno) – 6:18
- Tracks 1, 3 and 5 taken from the 1977 album "Heroes"
- Tracks 2 and 8 taken from the 1976 album Station to Station
- Tracks 4 and 7 taken from the 1979 album Lodger
- Track 6 taken from the 1978 album Stage
- Track 9 taken from 1977 album Low
Versions of songs that differ from original album versions
- "TVC 15": Single Edit Version.
- "Heroes/Helden": English full-length version with the German single edit spliced into the second half
- "Stay": US Single Version
Although the entire soundtrack (save for TVC15 and Stay) is made up of songs from Bowie's Berlin years (1977–1979), the story of Christiane F. plays before that time; e.g. Christiane F. visited the 1976 show of the Station to Station tour in Berlin which was opened by the song "Station to Station". The live version included in the film and soundtrack is from the 1978 Stage tour.
|1981||Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)||3|
|1981||German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||5|
|1982||US Billboard Pop Albums||135|
- "Austriancharts.at – David Bowie – Christiane F. - Wir Kinder Vom Bahnhof Zoo" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Longplay-Chartverfolgung at Musicline" (in German). Musicline.de. Phononet GmbH. Retrieved 29 March 2017.
|This soundtrack-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|