Christianity in Bihar
Christianity in Bihar, a state of India, is a minority religion, being practised by less than 0.5% of the population. Most people, about 83%, in Bihar are Hindus. Padri Ki Haveli is a Roman Catholic church in Bihar, which exists for centuries. The Diocese of Patna of the Church of North India and Emmanuel Christian Fellowship Centre (ECFC) are present in Bihar and the Pentecostal Holiness Church are present in Bihar as well as the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Patna. The archdiocese has suffragan dioceses:the Roman Catholic Diocese of Bettiah, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Bhagalpur, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buxar, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Muzaffarpur and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Purnea, all of whom have their seat in Bihar. Bihar has numerous house churches and a Christ Church Diocesan School exists in Patna.
List of denominations
- Bihar Mennonite Mandli
- Emmanuel Christian Fellowship Centre
- Bethel Pentecostal Church
- Gospel Echoing Missionary Society
- "Population by Religion in Bihar". Censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Update from Bihar". Baptistsonmission.org. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "Christ Church Diocesan School, Patna, Bihar". Bihartalk.com. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "India". GAMEO. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- "ECFC". blogspot. Retrieved 2015-02-22.
- [dead link]
- "Gospel Echoing Missionary Society(GEMS) - Welcome to the Frontpage!". Gemsbihar.org. 2013-06-21. Retrieved 2013-12-15.